Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Grey Ghost head phones
Posted by: still looking 52
Date: July 18, 2016 08:23PM
Recently I purchased a set of grey ghost ultimate head phones from detector pro and they didn't have the sound I wanted so I talked to Gary at detector pro and told him my problem. These guys took care of my issues and now they have the perfect sound I wanted, these folks are 1st rate in my book. Thanks guys.

Re: Grey Ghost head phones
Posted by: lasergod
Date: July 18, 2016 10:20PM
Great, Imcant wait to get my detector back this week!

Posted by: pasttom
Date: July 19, 2016 11:39AM
Gary is the man, for sure! I have found him to be great to work with. One of many who go above and beyond to serve their fellow detectorists. :twodetecting:

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: Irvin D Burke
Date: July 24, 2016 05:24PM
So true about their service. I bought a pair of deep woods to replace my GG original that I bought over ten years ago. I ask dealer how much they would charge to put a new cord on. I called Gary they repaired them for nothing!!! Great company .

Posted by: GroundHug
Date: July 29, 2016 08:36AM
I got a pair of the phones for my XP Deus. I had read mostly people bashing the phones with the Deus saying they can't differentiate signals.

Well I'm not sure what to say - mine give a different sound for a 55 signal than a 95 signal I've demonstrated that to myself. That part is either they got a bad pair or their hearing has issues. I will agree the GG phones sound different than the WS5s do and I'm sure whatever other brand, but they are all going to sound different. I tested the GGs against WS5, Koss QZ-99s using the WS4 connector, and Killer B Hornets using the WS4 connector. They ALL sound different and there is a difference between even the WS4s and WS5s to my ears. Neither is bad they just sound a bit different.

I was actually surprised that to my ears, the Killer Bs did not sound good through the WS4 control module. These are great phones, but even cranked all the way the response was muted and a bit washed out to me. I would not say the Killer Bs suck obviously they don't they are great phones they just did not sound great to me being used this way.

The GG are the loudest phones and the most comfortable. The response it gives is different, but in a bit of a subtle way. I can easily make out different tones, but people were complaining that you can't hear that "blah" edge you get on a piece of junk. You can it just responds a bit differently that way but once you have been over junk with it you can hear that bit of nastiness in the response if you have decent hearing. If not, then there may be a problem and maybe that's what people are complaining about.

I saw people posting that the Ohms must be the issue. However the competitor phones they were touting used the SAME ohms as the GG. So whatever the difference is, that's not it, because they claim those phones sound great. I'm sure they do but I listened to them and even on the YouTube videos to me both sounded good.

One thing I noticed while doing this is that if the charge on the WS4 controller is low, the GGs may cut out, and the response changes in a negative way - in this case, yes they sound like crap. However, just charge the controller and they sound great, as I did. Other phones may be able to work like this, but I found the GG phones do not work well with a low charge in the WS4 controller. Not sure if that is what some have posted but I did see that.

Personally I had to lower the volume to keep my ears from getting blasted. These are by far the loudest phones I personally tested with my Deus.

Just my 2 cents hope it helps someone who has read all the postings out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login