Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lucky Gold
Posted by: scott.f
Date: July 31, 2016 12:44AM
Went out yesterday with John-edmonton. He picked me up early and we drove to a lake in Northern Alberta that I hadn't been to in several years. I did a bit of a dry sand hunt with my Tesoro Deleon and then switched to my Detectorpro Underwater and got into the lake for the rest of the day. Lots of targets, mostly junk but enough coins and interesting bits to keep it fun. I lucked out at the end of the day by digging a penny and having a fine 10K gold chain come up in the scoop with it. Got to love it when luck is on your side!

Here's the loot for the day...

and the best of it...all 10K

and here is a link to the video...
Gold from the Lake

Re: Lucky Gold
Posted by: tvr
Date: July 31, 2016 05:12PM
Nice hunt Scott.

Where do you have the discriminator set? Noticed what looked like several small nails in the trash pile. With the Wader that I have, with the discriminator set on 2, I'll dig pretty much everything. With it set on 3, I start missing the hair pins and small nails, the bottle caps start clicking and yet small foil still comes through clearly.
Cheers,
tvr

Posted by: scott.f
Date: July 31, 2016 09:21PM
tvr
Nice hunt Scott.

Where do you have the discriminator set? Noticed what looked like several small nails in the trash pile. With the Wader that I have, with the discriminator set on 2, I'll dig pretty much everything. With it set on 3, I start missing the hair pins and small nails, the bottle caps start clicking and yet small foil still comes through clearly.
Cheers,
tvr

Yep TVR, you guessed it. I had it on 2. I was hoping to score finer little gold that way and had to dig small nails because of it. At 3 they disappear. Great machine!

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: August 03, 2016 10:37PM
Well done m8. Congrats

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login