Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pirate Pro vs. Underwater
Posted by: Miser67
Date: August 29, 2016 06:23PM
The Underwater has a rechargeable system while the Pirate Pro uses two 9v batteries.

The Underwater can be purchased with an 8" or 12" coil. The Pirate Pro is only available with an 8" coil.

The Underwater headphones are waterproof while the Detector Pro headphones are only water resistant.

Aside from this, are there any other noticeable differences between the performance of the two machines?

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Re: Pirate Pro vs. Underwater
Date: September 01, 2016 08:00PM
Ok, I guess there is no difference.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

There may be one or two not mentioned
Posted by: therover
Date: September 02, 2016 05:24PM
The Underwater I believe has a thicker/stronger cable and connection into the headphones.

Having used the older Wader, a Pirate Pro and currently have an Underwater with the 8 inch coil, the Underwater has a 'sparkiness' when cranked up in the 9-10 range similar to the older Wader. What I mean is, there is a bit of a hum like threshold and deep targets can be distinquished via breaking into this sound with a faint 'tick'

The Pirate Pro I had did function like that when the sensitivity was in the 9-10 range and I don't think it was as deep as the Wader and UW when hunting the wet,salt sand.

I may have gotten a toned down version of the Pirate Pro too, so I am only stating what I experienced.

If you get a Pirate Pro and turn it up into the 9-10 range and you get that spark, it would think it's a keeper.

Date: September 05, 2016 08:35PM
Thanks Rover. I am sure the quality of construction is better on the Underwater.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: September 10, 2016 08:04AM
Same circuitry. trim pots bumped up a bit more on the hotter side. Build quality much better.

performs right up there with the big names and it should as thats what it is intended todo. some good reviews on face book by Brian meyer and his review on the jersey beaches running right next to the excalibur.

Thats pretty impressive in my book. Then again look who the originator is of the detectorpro. :thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login