Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got a Pirate Pro on the way.....
Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: December 20, 2016 10:12PM
Well I've had lots of detectors and lots of water detectors. Never tried a pirate pro so I wanted to try one. Gonna be here Thursdsy, December 22 lol. Weird time for a "water" detector. But gonna take it to a pulled down lake and see what it'll do. This detector will compliment some other water machines I have and love. But I figure the lower frequency and light weight is different enough to pick one up and give it a try. So I.l report back here after that hunt. Wish me luck!

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Re: Got a Pirate Pro on the way.....
Posted by: Miser67
Date: December 21, 2016 08:30AM
Definitely let us know how it goes for you. Are you going to fresh or salt water?

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Date: December 21, 2016 10:29PM
Miser67
Definitely let us know how it goes for you. Are you going to fresh or salt water?

Fresh water 90% of the time, and fresh water to test it out soon. Will be months before I get near the salt again, but I use a Seahunter in salt water but may take the pirate just to see what it'll do. Thanks and I will report back after its maiden freshwater voyage, which hopefully will be this coming Friday.

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Posted by: Miser67
Date: December 22, 2016 08:56AM
With the lack of a sensitivity, the Pirate may not do so well in wet salt sand.

The Pirate Pro will likely do better because it has a sensitivity knob.

But for fresh water, you should be just fine with the Pirate.

If you set your discrimination knob to "2," bottle caps will you give a good scratchy single so you can avoid most of them.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Date: December 22, 2016 12:15PM
Miser67
With the lack of a sensitivity, the Pirate may not do so well in wet salt sand.

The Pirate Pro will likely do better because it has a sensitivity knob.

But for fresh water, you should be just fine with the Pirate.

If you set your discrimination knob to "2," bottle caps will you give a good scratchy single so you can avoid most of them.

Ok thanks for the tip! I actually have a pirate pro on the way so if I try it in the saltwater next summer I'll have that sens control to help make it usable,I have better options for saltwater hunting but my son may use it if I find its serviceable in wet salt sand. Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login