Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pirate Pro Depth ???
Posted by: SWMO Mark
Date: January 19, 2017 04:56PM
I have a Pirate Pro with 8" coil. Doesn't seem to have very much depth. I can only run sens. up to 8 with out chatter, disc. set on #3, volume turned up all the way, set like this it will barely detect a quarter at 6" and a nickel at 4", this is airtest. Is this normal depth ? If its not, does anyone know how to get any more depth out of it ? Thanks, Mark

Re: Pirate Pro Depth ???
Posted by: Miser67
Date: January 20, 2017 01:29PM
Don't let airtests be your guide. They are largely useless. You could also be dealing with some atmospheric interference. Thats happens more than you think it might.

You settings don;t sound bad, but at three discrimination you might be losing some valuable targets, I would leave it at no higher than two if possible,

As for sensitivity, try doing some actual hunting and see what happens. You might find you can go higher than 8.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 23, 2017 05:19PM
As note . 8 inch coil should see,10 inches on a quarter in the dirt. Smaller coins obviously is harder to hit at same depth. Deffenetly try cutting back the disc to where it just clips over an iron nail. Then enjoy hunting .

Posted by: tvanwho
Date: January 25, 2017 04:20PM
I get a 10-12 inch on a quarter in the water in sandy areas, but only 6-8 inch in air test, on my 10 year old Headhunter Diver, dunno why..

Posted by: Sven
Date: February 09, 2017 04:52PM
It's been said lower frequency detectors don't air test as deep as it can actually detect.
Higher frequency can air test to crazy distances from the coil but suffer about 30-50% ground depth loss.

The Detectorpros Wader/Diver should air test about 9" on a dime, just barely making an audio change.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: April 27, 2017 09:53PM
And I've never found coins or rings floating in the air! Pi detectors and low fx detectors don't air test well at all. For example, I have a vibratector 730, it only air tests litterally to 3". But I've found coins and rings at over 6" with it. As the others said, run discrim as low as possible to knock out iron, and sens as high as you can without terrible falling, and you will get good depth. Let us know your results, HH!

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2017 09:54PM by BootyHunter.

Posted by: foiled again tab hunter
Date: May 04, 2017 08:15PM
finnfoto
As note . 8 inch coil should see,10 inches on a quarter in the dirt. Smaller coins obviously is harder to hit at same depth. Deffenetly try cutting back the disc to where it just clips over an iron nail. Then enjoy hunting .

also the more you turn down the Sens. the less depth you will get.......do not hunt with the sens silent, have a little chirping goin on......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login