Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Relax folks, it's just my love probe.
Posted by: karelian
Date: February 07, 2017 07:35PM
Normally I just work the beach or go bush and prospect. This one time I was on private property at the REQUEST of the owner, I found some pipes for him and as a reward I got to detect an old Victorian mansion in the inner city of Melbourne Australia. Never had a problem the first day, but on the second some local decided that the pistol probe on my belt looked like a gun.. A brief conversation with the boys in blue, no major drama but I was determined that I was going to idiot proof my gear.

A bit of paint, some adhesive decals and the pistol probe was converted into the love probe.. it draws more attention now than it ever did.. a great conversation piece. My detecting buddies also use bright yellow and orange probes from other manufacturers, but mine goes the deepest..
Pink digging tool doesn't offend either.. lots of happy friendly colors.. no room for any further misunderstandings.

All the best,

Karelian

Re: Relax folks, it's just my love probe.
Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: February 09, 2017 12:31AM
I think that is great!!! I am always shocked to hear about others getting questioned about the "gun" shaped probe.. I haven't had that pleasure yet... but I am sure my time will come unless I am proactive and dress it up like you did. The yellow dip grip is my favorite part. Nice work!!

Re: Relax folks, it's just my love probe.:ukflag:
Posted by: JAN1
Date: February 11, 2017 07:39AM
In the UK a blind man was tasered by the police for having a sword, it was his white stick. If the police could see one of those they would possibly shoot you and not bother asking questions.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: February 28, 2017 06:06PM
If it works , that's all that matters . Lol cheers

Posted by: Daddy
Date: June 04, 2017 04:15PM
Hilarious! :clapping:

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard, and deep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login