Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detectorpro uw first impressions....
Posted by: borntofli
Date: April 10, 2017 07:39PM
Just received a new to me (used) uw w/ 8" coil.....Went out for couple hours on beach to check it out..... Super sanded conditions here so targets were mostly foil and can slaw.. waves were big so water hunting was a no go...

Dry sand to wet sand sensitivity was at 8 no problems... working wet to crashing waves had to adjust sens to 7.5... Lots of iron scrap in water here, so had disc at about 2.5... I dug everything just to learn what sounds meant what... Disc made iron crackly, and bottlecaps were crackly.... Pulltabs were always double beep... Dug 2 zincolns that sounded junky...

found 1 quarter by beach entrance that sounded nice clear tone... It was about 6"..... Buried a dime at 8" and could hear it from all directions, and with a good paced sweep...

Not much of a test, but scoop handle broke....

Stoked to have a detector again, so will be out every day.....

More to come....

Thanks finn......

Re: Detectorpro uw first impressions....
Posted by: pasttom
Date: April 10, 2017 08:14PM
Sounds about as good as one could hope for. If you can consistently id iron, caps and tabs you are way ahead of most on the beach. Zincs are crap and and can hit all over and who cares anyway! Solid hits on solid targets, what more can you ask for??
Plus Gary is the man, great company.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: April 15, 2017 09:21PM
Enjoy it m8. Give Gary a call when your ready and get that big 12 inch coil then you can run next to the excalibur guys

Posted by: quintond
Date: April 16, 2017 12:17PM
how is the 12" to handle underwater?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login