Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
maiden voyage with my Old Stock New Wader with the blue shaft & curly cable wire, with the thinner coil.....
Posted by: foiled again tab hunter
Date: May 17, 2017 08:58PM
Well I finally got out with my Wader....had to put it off for awhile had to have a Cataract removed from my right eye & will have the other one done at the EOM....well I went out to a local Freshwater Beach & hunted for about 2hrs....from water's edge to waist deep....& covered only about 1/4 of the swim area.....I only found 1 crusty new age penny & a nickel, but I was very pleased the Wader....this is my third Wader & the second one with the thinner coil that to me just slices thru the water like a well sharpened knife....I would like to thank
shortcut1224 for answering my WTB classified ad & selling me his backup machine that a Dealer had setting on dusty shelf for quite a while....more to come later....HH...Tab.

:ukflag:Re: maiden voyage with my Old Stock New Wader with the blue shaft & curly cable wire, with the thinner coil.....
Posted by: JAN1
Date: May 20, 2017 04:52AM
Still my favourite machine as you don't have to worry about the gales and pouring rain we get in Cornwall. The one with the 6in coil which I bought about 7 years ago and still works well I now keep in the boot of my car just in case I am out and spot a good area.
I also have a Wader with the 10in coil which I bought very cheap as a spare as they are not available in the UK.
Shall have to go to the recycle depot next week as I now have a 100kg of fishing weights to trade in.
Very long tides next week so hope to get out.

Re: :ukflag:Re: maiden voyage with my Old Stock New Wader with the blue shaft & curly cable wire, with the thinner coil.....
Date: May 20, 2017 07:13PM
Yes my favorite too.....& good luck next week, lets us all know how well you do.....HH...Tab.

Re: maiden voyage with my Old Stock New Wader with the blue shaft & curly cable wire, with the thinner coil.....
Date: May 24, 2017 04:54AM
First. Having trouble with my car, traded in my 15 year old Seat and bought a much more modern car, Don't know what is going on but all these fancy electronic extras are causing problems, when you try and start it, looks like a space ship launch when all the lights come on on the dashboard. Why could it not do it next week on the very short tides.
Just a quick hint. If the bottom bit of the shaft is solid it will easily break, what I did was to put some 1in plastic pipe on it by putting the plastic in hot water until soft then jamming it on the shaft, it has now been on for about 6 years with no problems.
Hope this is of help.

Re: maiden voyage with my Old Stock New Wader with the blue shaft & curly cable wire, with the thinner coil.....
Date: May 24, 2017 03:31PM
Thanks....may need to use your tip.....

Date: June 15, 2017 04:14AM
Forgot to say that the bottom shaft snapped in half that is why I put the plastic pipe onto it for the repair.
The car. All the problems seemed to have been caused by a faulty battery. The car was in the garage over the very long tides so did not get out at all that week as I could not trust the car.

Date: June 15, 2017 08:44PM
Jan thanks for the feed back on the shaft.....I do not have a lot of rocks on the beach's here that I hunt but you never know what might break a shaft.......sorry to hear about the car problems....batteries & brakes....when you leave out you want it to start every time & you sure want it to stop when you need it too.....good hunting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login