Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Underwater owners, where are you????
Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: July 26, 2017 11:19AM
I know many of these machines have been purchased, but not too many reports on the forums about them. I know they are pretty simple and straightforward machines, not a lot of settings to tweak, but what are they hot on? Where are you using them and how? Wading, snorkeling diving, dry land, rivers ,lakes, oceans? I'd like to see some real world reports now that they have been out awhile. If you own (or have owned) one, please reply to this thread with some anecdotal information. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in such information. Thanks!

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Re: Underwater owners, where are you???? ... Well you just had the pirate pro you sold a short time ago....
Posted by: Mark ( ohio )
Date: July 26, 2017 11:41AM
unless there is another bootyhunter on a different forum... non the less, the performance should be just about the same... I had the wader maybe 4 summers ago and it worked very well in fresh water lakes... I just set the disc to knock out bobby pins ( I think maybe 2-2 1/2 ) on the dial... Had 2 water units so I kept the cz20 because its a lot better on a salt water beach, and sold the wader..

good luck.

Mark ( ohio )

Re: Underwater owners, where are you???? ... Well you just had the pirate pro you sold a short time ago....
Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: July 27, 2017 08:48PM
Nope it's me, same Bootyhunter, yes I sold the pirate. Liked it but, the pirate is not water proof, the pirate is made in china and while the one I had was solid and never gave me any problems, I was Leary of that fact. The Underwater is for snorkeling and diving in addition to wading, and from what I've read the earcups are made from polycarbonate and are of much better construction. I also read that the UW had been "tweaked" to be more sensitive, and it has a built in rechargeable lithium ion battery. So while the pirate and the UW may share some attributes, they are far from the same machine. I was really hoping to see some user reports. Thank you for your input. But I don't see the pirate and the UW as he same machine, I sold the Pirate as I wasn't using it, I wasn't intending to get the UW but then a trade opportunity presented itself and I had a Tesoro PI sitting around that I wasn't using, I live 350 miles from the nearest ocean, but have numerous lakes rivers and creeks all around me, so a completely waterproof DetectorPro unit that I don't have to worry about ruining in the water seemed like a more sensible thing to have sitting around than that Tesoro. Plus I like to snorkel in the river and discrimination is very desirable. Again, thanks for the reply but it's not as if I just sold an Underwater then made a post asking about the Underwater.

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: July 27, 2017 09:38PM
Well I also have the pirates and waders, but "most" of mine are the USA made units before the China parts took over. That said I love my waders and a "couple" of the Pirates for fresh water hunting both lakes and rivers. been using them in neck deep water for the past 20 years and not lost one to getting wet, as long as I keep my head out of the water they will work. I have several brands of water machines including Tesoro , whites and Garretts AT PRO. but my go to machine is the Wader. Now what is the difference between the wader and pirate, Long story a Bunch, Short story.. Wader is Blue and the Pirate is Black.

If you can get a wader with the thin flat coil normally those were USA made and a lot hotter than the later china made units. Yes some of the china component units are Hot also but they seem to vary a lot.

BTW RICH at Colonial Detectors has a bunch of NEW old stock Waders at CHEAP prices.

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Posted by: foiled again tab hunter
Date: July 30, 2017 02:03PM
Buddy_TX
Well I also have the pirates and waders, but "most" of mine are the USA made units before the China parts took over. That said I love my waders and a "couple" of the Pirates for fresh water hunting both lakes and rivers. been using them in neck deep water for the past 20 years and not lost one to getting wet, as long as I keep my head out of the water they will work. I have several brands of water machines including Tesoro , whites and Garretts AT PRO. but my go to machine is the Wader. Now what is the difference between the wader and pirate, Long story a Bunch, Short story.. Wader is Blue and the Pirate is Black.

If you can get a wader with the thin flat coil normally those were USA made and a lot hotter than the later china made units. Yes some of the china component units are Hot also but they seem to vary a lot.

BTW RICH at Colonial Detectors has a bunch of NEW old stock Waders at CHEAP prices.

when you say new old stock, is that the blue headphones & black shaft ?......then I just snag a new old, old stock wader blue headphones, blue shaft, & curly coil wire with a thin coil.....I also have owned the one with blue phones, black shaft & thin coil & both are hot....HH...Tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2017 02:06PM by foiled again tab hunter.

Date: July 30, 2017 05:52PM
That cant answer. Call Rich and he can tell you for sure.

Now your NOS Blue Shaft wader is real OLD. I also have one (Had one) with the curled cord. Best unit I have ever bought Wader wize. Now let me explain about that unit you have. They were two different models of that unit, they looked just alike, cant tell them apart looking at them. The only difference in them is the motherboard (main circuit board in the ear piece with the knobs). one has a USA made board with soldered on USA components, The other has a USA made board with surface mount components. The later is the Hottest and most stable one of all the boards which i believe there were 5 revisions all together including the china ones.

Now the bad news for your NOS unit. You can NOT get a coil and cable like what is on that unit now..TREAT IT WITH KID GLOVES. BEST COIL THEY MADE WORST CABLE MADE. Sent mine to Gary a month ago for the fourth coil replacement got it back with a china coil and it sucks now. Real erratic, poor depth.
This was my wifes unit and she wont use it now its so bad.

If you would email me a picture of the top and bottom of your coil. Also be very careful of the cable on that coil, that is the only thing that ever goes bad. My wifes would last two to three years then had to be replaced

My email
Grumpy495@gmail.com

Buddy_TX

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Re: Underwater owners, where are you????
Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: July 30, 2017 06:46PM
I have an old yellow Head Hunter Diver model. Where does that fit in to the line of these detectors?

ROBOCOP

Posted by: MAKRO RACER POWER
Date: July 30, 2017 11:22PM
Dear . Before asking where is the owners! You should ask the company what is the new machines it will come to the metal detectors world because they maked stop to upgrade the machines and after 4 month the 2018 it will come so what they are still waiting for . This is the true so should every 2 or maximum 3 years should all the companies make the new models. Regards

Date: July 31, 2017 10:32AM
Well ROBOCOP does your Yellow diver have the coiled coil or straight cord. Best I can remember they began with the coiled cord as well chances are you "could" have a Diver with the surface mount board. But if it does have the coiled cord and it needs to be replaced it will get a straight cord with a china coil :thumbdown:

I have never seen a Diver with a China coil. I Think Gary quit making the Divers before he starting using any China component's. All I have seen had the thin flat coil which was the best one

Wish I could find several of the old thin flat coils that were either salvaged off old units or had bad cables on them, I would try and replace the coil cable myself and fix my wifes unit

Buddy

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 10:36AM by Buddy_TX.

Date: July 31, 2017 10:58AM
It has the straight coil wire. It has been back to DP once and Gary repaired something on the board. It works good now.

ROBOCOP

Date: August 01, 2017 10:36AM
could you send me a pic of the coil ?top and side view

Buddy

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Date: August 01, 2017 10:57AM
Here's some pics. The coil is flat on top and has a handwritten serial number on it.

ROBOCOP

Date: August 01, 2017 03:47PM
That's the best setup you can have. Those coils were/are the hottest ones they made. The china coil looks a lot like that Except it is not flat on top, just poured epoxy an kind of concave. Have you looked at the board in your unit. You said Gary repaired something on it so it is safe to assume its the USA soldered component board.
Those were very good units and most were really hot!

Buddy

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Date: August 03, 2017 01:30PM
I take it you still hunt with that unit?

Buddy

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Posted by: foiled again tab hunter
Date: August 05, 2017 02:29PM
ROBOCOP you got the best coil DP made light weight & cuts thru the water easy......Just do not dive with this one they had would leak, that's why they discontinued them......it is like the wader though you can where it in the rain or dunk in the water & its ok....just do not dive or put those headphones under a lot of water pressure.....have fun with it.......oh yea the internal stuff is just the same as the waders but the dive part did not pan out.....HH...Tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 02:30PM by foiled again tab hunter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login