Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detector pro head sets
Posted by: vernt
Date: November 26, 2017 04:15AM
Does anyone know who actually makes (not sells) Detector Pro headsets, i.e. Jolley Rogers Ultimate, Grey Ghosts, etc...?

Re: Detector pro head sets
Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: November 26, 2017 03:19PM
DetectorPro was an LLC company originally owned by Gary Storm. It was recently bought by Gold Digges Inovations.
I may be wrong but I an under the impression that DetectorPro assembled many of their products as well
as servicing them. If you are looking for parts, you could try calling. I was able to purchase some parts for the new
UnderWater detector. As posted just previous to your posting the repair person is staying on under the new ownership.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2017 03:20PM by WaterWalker.

Date: November 27, 2017 02:16AM
WaterWalker thanks for the reply. I ordered a pair of ear muffs from Gold Digger for my Jolly Rogers Ultimate headset. The original ear muffs are made of a soft but heavy-duty polymer durable material. What I received was a soft, light foam like and less durable muffs. Also, the dimensions of the muffs appear different. The muffs are sold as "fits all models" headsets. I'm trying to find out who manufactured the original muffs so I can get original replacements.

Date: November 27, 2017 03:06PM
All being said leads me to the question on warranties. Are the life time warranties on headsets sold and to be sold still being honored?

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: November 28, 2017 07:07AM
That is a tough one. Just try getting replacement cushions for an Excalibur Sword (1992 vintage). I have tried several replacements, without success of finding an exact replacement. Best bet would be to call DetectorPro and ask them about their source for headphones.

As for warranties, they usually do not cover the cushions or normal wear. I packed a set of GG Amphibians in a carry-on rolling duffel bag for a short one hour ferry ride but was not allowed to carry it on, headphones suffered a crack. I called about repair and the crack was not covered, but I was given the option of an expensive shell replacement or I could just lay a bit of epoxy on the crack area as it has no affect on the headphone's operation. Now, talk about a broken shaft; a replacement was delivered in two days in time to save my vacation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login