Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Which to Get?
DaveNC
Date: February 03, 2005 07:44AM
I've pretty well determined I am going to get a Headhunter. The delema is which one? My plans are to use it primarily at the beach (North/South Carolina) in both dry and wet sand as well as wading in to waist to chest level in the surf. The Wader looks like the perfect match, but I am a little hesitant about using a non-PI detector. Our beaches are notorious for black sand. I also think I might go into the surf beyond the 6' level if things look promising. This lends itself to the Diver. But the PI seems to be the sure thing for beaches. No frustration with high mineral ground. But no discrimination.
I would appreciate some input from the forum. Thanks!
DaveNC

Re: Which to Get?
Rad-Hou
Date: February 03, 2005 11:31AM
Same dilema for me. I took the chance and purchased a diver and have never looked back. Galveston also is filled with black sand and I hunt with Disc on 2 and Sens on 8 and have zero issues. I truly believe you will have a good time with much less up front costs and your swing arm will love you for it

ol pirate robert
Date: February 03, 2005 11:44AM
ARRRGGGGGG.....PI's ar great no doubt about it...BUT its nightmare city if your in an area where lots of small bits of iron are spread out. No fun diggin 18" hole only to find a bit of rusted nail. I sez buy them both diver and a PI Harrrrrr....then its best of both worlds, select yer weapon when ya need it.....the Diver will charm ya matey..fantastic machine. Best kept secret in the treasure hunting world...

honda2hp
Date: February 06, 2005 09:31AM
Well, if your huntin da beach when da Tsunami hits you'll be glad you have the diver, unless its a really bg Tsunami.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login