Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Wader Question...Mr. Bill?
Buddy(TX)
Date: February 03, 2005 02:34PM
Been reading along for the past several months about the claims of depth of the waders/divers. Seems to me either people tend to strech the truth or my wader may not be up to par. Average depth (in the ground) at the low minerlized beach I hunt I get a quarter about 7" nickles 5/6" dimes seem to do better at 8". Is this about normal from ya'lls experince?
Buddy in texas

Re: Wader Question...Mr. Bill?
Mr. Bill
Date: February 03, 2005 03:31PM
Buddy
I think it may be a combination of both mentioned things, and maybe a couple of other things. A little exaggeration is always present when people are excited about their finds, and there always the good possibility your Wader needs a tune up.
I

Buddy(TX)
Date: February 03, 2005 03:58PM
Well The beach I hunt is a white sand fresh water beach
most of the area is very low in minerals on this beach
worst thing is rusty nails. I hunt Sens at 8-9 and disc at 2-3 most of the time.
Thanks for the reply, will be sending it it soon
Buddy

Buddy...SWhere do you live and hunt ?
Rad-Hou
Date: February 03, 2005 04:34PM
Mr. Bill
Date: February 03, 2005 06:17PM
8 is what I would consider a bit low on sensitivity. 9 is so so, 10 is where I try to put it.
There is a big difference between #8 and #10 in sensitivity.
If your in a low mineralzation area, you should be able to run your sens. at #10.
Redo your coin test at that setting.
Later
Bill

Rad-Hou
Date: February 04, 2005 06:01AM
yeah I too hunt at 8 in Galveston. Sometimes I can get away with 9 but not often. When I'm away from the beach though and in parks or other areas then 10 it is with no problems

Re: Buddy...SWhere do you live and hunt ?
Buddy(TX)
Date: February 04, 2005 07:26AM
Rad_Hou,
I live in the Ft.Worth area. Hunt the local Dallas/Ft.Worth area lakes
Buddy

Oh. Thought you might be down here in Houston
Rad-Hou
Date: February 04, 2005 11:39AM
Crazy Mike
Date: February 04, 2005 10:58PM
I was at a shop today, the air test on a dime was about 6" with sensitivity mav, disc 0. is that about right for an air test?

NO there's something out of whack here
Mr. Bill
Date: February 05, 2005 04:08AM
Like I just said in my post to Buddy, 9" to 10" on a dime.
Perhaps the batterys were near dead ? On a dime with 0 discrimination, and max. sensitivity should produce 9" anyway.
Mr. Bill

Re: NO there's something out of whack here
honda2hp
Date: February 05, 2005 08:38AM
So what the signal for low batteries?
Crazy.

The first time my batteries were low it just kind of didn't"sound" right when I hit a target. Even a dime at 2-3 inches sounded far off and distant
Rad-Hou
Date: February 05, 2005 10:18AM
Re: NO there's something out of whack here
Mr. Bill
Date: February 05, 2005 11:17AM
There is no signal. Poor performance
Bill

Re: The first time my batteries were low it just kind of didn't"sound" right when I hit a target. Even a dime at 2-3 inches sounded far off and distant
scott-devon
Date: February 05, 2005 01:59PM
With my diver, when the batteries are failing depth fades as Mr Bill says and on complete failure: (Ooops, I used cheap general 9 volts batteries from the dollar store)
....it would hit hard on the target initially then the signal would almost disappear on the second sweep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login