Findmall.com

Christian Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Id like to go to Haiti and help.....
Posted by: warthog
Date: January 15, 2010 07:37AM
...In spite of it being"the voodoo capital of the world",as some see it,they are humans created by the LORD,and need help-Trouble is,being without a job,I cant pay my way there.I could run a front end loader,pasas out food/water,meds,etc.....

A prayer: God in Heaven,I ask You and Your Son,Jesus,to keep me humble,and to not think too much of myself regardless what the future brings,Amen.

Red Cross......
Posted by: Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"
Date: January 15, 2010 08:36AM
and other organizations like that help people that want to help get there to do so. You can also send support to the Red Cross.

Re: Id like to go to Haiti and help.....
Anonymous User
Date: January 15, 2010 01:33PM
God can make a way for you to go, if your desire is great enough to do so! Haiti is the capital of satan's Voodoo and only the Lord in His mercy and grace will forgive them when they absolutely turn to Him and confess their sins and all their sorrows for dedicating their lives to the devil! We shouldn't be blind to what is going on in the world around us, and what they do or don't stand for.....because there is great darkness of sins in this world, although true Christians shine brightly as God's faithful saints! Amen! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Betty

Re: Red Cross......
Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: January 15, 2010 08:06PM
.........NO OFFENSE ....but I think that the best way of most of us to help is to donate money to RED CROSS.....and I am sure that their are other organizations that can also help and need DONATIONS...........Many people who do have the means to get there will get the job done......if all we can donate is our time and labour.....lots of times there are a lot of people who have a lot more experience and know how than we do..........so of course the RED CROSS AND OTHER ORGANIZATIONS.......ONLY PICK THE BEST PEOPLE WHO ARE QUALIFIED....................and probably have the money to fund their own way...............Also God only condemned Sodom and Gomorah only when no good person could be found........I am sure that Haiti has a small minority that TRULY LOVES GOD............Do not condemn the whole nation because of the acts of the majority........LOVE IN CHRIST .....JOE

me too...
Posted by: seeker41
Date: January 15, 2010 08:12PM
im pretty sure god does not punish children for there nations sins!!!!!!!!!! people should not asume they know what god is doing......ever!!!!
i hope you get to go warthog.

Re: Red Cross......
Posted by: veni seekum metallum geltum
Date: January 18, 2010 05:32PM
Negative to the Red Cross - too much of the donated money goes to administration.

If you want more service for your donation, let the Salvation Army do what they've always done best - help the most needy.

HH,
Mike

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: January 18, 2010 06:14PM
Welcome to the forum Veni.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70

Anonymous User
Date: January 18, 2010 09:49PM
Welcome Veni and I agree completely with you, as I would not donate to the Red Cross but have and will donate to the Salvation Army or others who do not take most of the money to help themselves and not the needy! Pat Robertson's Ministries has the Operation Blessings and does a lot of good for those who are truly needy as well as other ministries! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Posted by: TURNMASTER
Date: January 19, 2010 02:29PM
Warthog,

If God is calling you to go, he will show the way for you to go.

The statments Joe(tx) made are partialy true.

The Red Cross does have disaster preparedness and response classes and when taken qualify a person to be put on a responce list. There are ways to go if you are a layman (not sure I would go without the training).

Para-military can also gain favor. You know EMTs, Police and Firemem. I am not sure what hoops you have to jump through though.

Do you have a passport? You will ceterntainly need one.

Those folks will need help for a long time to come, and we Christians need to be there.

I intend on taking the appropriate classes with the Red Cross so that I can be put on the list. OH YEAH, they told me you would be the first to be called if you had taken the classes.

Good Luck
Jeff

Right here at home -
Posted by: steve in so az
Date: January 19, 2010 03:06PM
there are big time needs not being met. You can look around your area and probably find many opportunties to help seriously needy people. Some even close to those in Haiti with needs. Let the Lord guide you , Steve in so az

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login