Findmall.com

Christian Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
If you get an email saying to use hornet & wasp spray...
Posted by: Pete in MI
Date: May 06, 2010 07:55PM
as a better alternative than using 'pepper spray' to ward off an assailant....don't do it.

First, it is another hoax covered by Snopes.com.

Secondly, it is a violation of Federal law to use a product for any use other than what it was intended to be used for.

Thirdly, if you choose to ignore the federal law and intentionally use it - you will be 'premeditated' in using it illegally. Meaning if say you blind or kill your assailant...you did it with premeditated intent...which means - you meant or intended to do grievous bodily harm to someone. The courts come down harder on people who 'premeditate' their crimes than those who did the same thing accidentally.

Fourthly, it requires 10-15 minutes of running water to flush out the hornet & wasp spray from someone's eyes to prevent further damage. Though I did not see what would happen in the MSDS (Manufacturers Safety Data Sheet) if one failed to rinse the eyes, I can only imagine it would lead to possible permanent blindness of the person. And, if you missed the eyes and it went into their nose and mouth it is unknown what would happen to their breathing...possible death?

Knowing these things and still using the suggested hornet & wasp spray can lead to huge financial burden if you are sued by someone....even if he broke into your home with evil intent. You are responsible for any damages occurring on your property. This leads to possible law suit against you and your homeowners insurance....maybe damages that will have to be paid for life of the injured crook.

There are other legal ways of dealing with assailants or possible assailants. First is training. Self-defense classes are one way of being prepared for such an incident. Training on the proper use of 'pepper spray', how to use hand to hand techniques and other training is better than risking all your finances and jail or prison time. Even a gun is legal - if used properly with training in its use and misuses.

There is an even greater way of protection....trust God. Know His Word and let it be your protection.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2Th 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.

Stand on God's Promises to you. Know we are not fighting a flesh and blood battle but a spiritual battle against evil.
Know that nothing and no one can snatch you out of the hand of God. You belong to God, paid for in full by the blood of Jesus. You are His. Pray for safety, ask and you shall receive. His Word will not return to Him void....it WILL prosper whereto He sends His Word.

Fear is not an option...Jesus said time and time again "Fear not". Do not let what you see and hear in the world scare you but instead have faith in God and know that He wins in the end and we will be with Him.

God bless you all, and I pray, in Jesus name to keep all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ and their families in the Lord be protected from the evil of this world through faith in the one and only true God. Amen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Blessings and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ to you and yours

Pete in MI "Iron Brigade"

Garrett ACE 350

Thanks for the headsup as I got I one of those emails. However without any other means of protection it's worth a try.N/T
Posted by: Paul(NWOH)
Date: May 06, 2010 08:05PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: If you get an email saying to use hornet & wasp spray...
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: May 06, 2010 08:40PM
If someone breaks into my home I will do what ever it takes to stop them , if wasp spray is close I will give it freely.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70

Anonymous User
Date: May 06, 2010 09:42PM
Just remember the law is against the victims and for the criminals! It isn't right but it seems nothing of gov't or the laws make any sense and justice only prevails with God in control and Jesus as our blessed Savior and Lord! Amen! Thanks Pete! I, too, would use any means to escape from a criminal then to be captured, tortured or killed if I had to do so that is, but I know my God is bigger than any spiritual wickedness and He is the protector of body and soul, but if the body dies my soul will not unless we are unbelievers in Christ Jesus! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Yeah I'm just going to use my 38 if they come in on me.N/T
Posted by: dirtdigginlady
Date: May 06, 2010 11:16PM

Posted by: SeniorSeeker
Date: May 07, 2010 09:01AM
As an ex-deputy sheriff, I would advise anyone to protect themselves in any way possible from an assailant but I would not recommend wasp spray,for a variety of reasons; the most important reason being one of legality. By the same token, I would not recommend using a small caliber hand gun either. When in such a situation, it is highly unlikely a person untrained in the use of such a firearm would do sufficient damage to the perpetrator. Most using such a weapon have either missed the perpetrator altogether, when firing the weapon in a nervous state or lost the weapon in a scuffle where by the weapon was in turn used on the victim. Generally speaking, if one is inclined to keep firearms in their home with the intent of using such on an assailant, they're far better off with a short barreled shotgun with buckshot. It goes without saying then that such weapons 'must be legal' to keep and or use in the area you reside. Some localities prohibit the use of weapons in such situations. In my opinion, you're far better off investing in a good security system, for your family & home. It doesn't hurt to own a big dog either and a neighborhood 'Watch' is essential in today's world.

Date: May 07, 2010 12:01PM
Well said. You covered a lot of good info. We do have a Neighborhood watch in our area...I'm the area captain. Our local Sheriff Dept. pays attention when a dispatch comes in and Neighborhood Watch is mentioned as being the calling entity as opposed to someone not associated with the program.

We have dogs here....a doberman, 2 miniature pinchers and a yorkie-pomeranian. One of the min-pins is always 'watching', the doberman barks at just about any sound he hears, the yorkie-pom has an obnoxious bark that stirs up the others to bark and the other min-pin is only about 8 pounds...he cuddles next to me...no one will get to me :lol: ...he is the line of last defense :rofl: :thumbup:.

We also have parrots and if something outside startles them that the dogs didn't see or hear they give off their own flock warning...which even the dogs now recognize as an alert sound. No weapons here - well - guns of any consequence...there are plenty of weapons if one know what to look for and how to use them to their advantage. One of the advantages of being a combat trained Vietnam Vet former military police officer. :smile:

I did not mean to say do not protect oneself...unless one is ready to go to the Lord immediately. Crooks have too many loopholes to get away with things they do and seems if an honest person accidentally breaks a law in protecting himself he is the one who becomes a victim twice over...once by the crook and once by the courts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Garrett ACE 350

Re: What if the person has wings and horns????N/T
Posted by: Mike Chgo area
Date: May 07, 2010 01:21PM

My alternative.......
Posted by: Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"
Date: May 07, 2010 04:39PM
gun powder and lead!

Re: My alternative.......
Anonymous User
Date: May 07, 2010 06:36PM
I called my friend, Liz, and she was telling me of a man that was jogging in North County and a robber came up with a gun in his hand and threatened the man for his wallet! Well, since most men carry their wallet in their back pocket....the one being held up reached back as if he was getting his wallet and pulled out a gun (with a permit to carry) and shot and killed the robber! It is a good thing he had a permit to carry and had the gun with him! No one is safe from the thieves and crazy nuts out there now adays.....so it is best to have something to protect one's self with whether at home or outdoors! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Posted by: seeker41
Date: May 07, 2010 08:42PM
sorry pete, but if that will stop a intruder i will use it! ill bet the crook would rather have that than a deer slug. yes it would be horrible to blind someone but you gotta protect your family right??????

Date: May 07, 2010 09:49PM
Didn't say you can't protect your family or yourself.

If someone came to rob me....he better bring money to put in my wallet to steal otherwise all he gets is a lot of useless plastic.

If he wants to steal my van...he won't get far since it is on empty.

Just remember the old saying....never bring a knife to a gun fight.

Garrett ACE 350

Posted by: TURNMASTER
Date: May 07, 2010 11:46PM
If you come into my house uninvited and after dark there is a prety fair chance you will be on hte business end of a Easton Bat. I pray the Lord will keep me from feeling guilty about your JUST punishment. Check your local laws, but in many states I have every right to fend off a home invasion by ANY means necesary. There are a FEW states that proclame that I have a duty to retreat as a coward.

If you have an appropriate firearm LEARN IT WELL. There are classes you can take.

The bible is clear on the fact that if you come into my house after bedtime I can shed your blood. It is in the old testement Exd 22.

I do not believe the Lord justifies random murder. I do believe that a death in self defence is justified in the eyes of GOD. Vengence is mine says the Lord, YOU may be God's tool one day for that just as you may be his tool in bringing that very same soul to the Lord.

Be Quick to pray my friends. I do know what I say is not always popular. This once was a nation under God and I will do my part to defend my God given rights and freedoms.

God be with us every one.
Jeff

Posted by: SeniorSeeker
Date: May 08, 2010 12:45PM
Amen Turnmaster but those poor souls living in Morton Grove, Illinois haven't had those rights for years! God knows the NRA tried to fight that one but lost to a bunch of liberals from Obama's neck of the woods!

Posted by: 4EverHis102399
Date: May 08, 2010 03:57PM
AMEN Turnmaster! I will defend my home at all costs. Personally, I'm not too comfortable with shotguns or rifles, but I won't hesitate to grab a revolver if need be. Lord help me for saying this, but I cannot imagine NOT shooting to kill if myself or any member of my family is in danger. Some people would argue with this, but I think natural intinct would be to take an intruder down, not just hurt them. There are some incredibly sick people in our world and chances are if they come in to a home knowing people are home....they will do anything. I am so glad we made the decision to get a doberman.....He stops most people in their tracks.

Happy wifey and momma!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login