Findmall.com

Christian Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Jan 2nd and 3rd…..
Posted by: Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"
Date: January 04, 2017 05:44PM
Well I already posted my Jan 1st finds. I knew the two days after were going to be ok to dig before it got cold again. Went out both days for a little while and scored some more keepers. Jan 2 I got the first silver of the year. a 1920 merc. It's pretty rough because it came from an area of gravel. Also got a wheat, an 1899 V nickel, a neat glass front button with a design inside, and a "Bride Silver plate" fork. Jan 3 after running all my errands I had two hours left so back to the site. two more wheats, an 1889 Indian, and a sweet sterling US Navy pin. This was worn during WWII. usually by a mom with a son in the service. Now it is all froze up again and expecting 4-8" of the white stuff with lots of near 0 wind chills!

First silver of the year in the hole! Wooo hoooo!!!!

Silver in the plug! The bottom bar was folded over the front. I cleaned it careful so the hangers would stay intact.

My favorite find in mix.

Re: Jan 2nd and 3rd…..
Posted by: SeniorSeeker
Date: January 04, 2017 06:08PM
Great finds Mike. Nice getting out to dig when we can. Happy New Year Mike. God bless you & your family in this coming year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 06:09PM by SeniorSeeker.

You sure are off to a great start ! n/t
Posted by: steve in so az
Date: January 04, 2017 07:18PM
Posted by: Missouri--Ma Betty
Date: January 04, 2017 08:11PM
Nice oldies Mike and it is getting colder here with snow coming or anyway the St. Louis, MO weather news has reported! Always nice to get out when you can but most of the time that isn't often during Winter time; especially in states North of MO! Take care and the more snow, the more work for you to make money to pay the bills! So work or play you take it as it comes! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Great pin plus silver. :thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Mike Chgo area
Date: January 06, 2017 12:34AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: January 06, 2017 07:08PM
You are starting the year out great. Congratulations

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: RickIowa2009
Date: January 10, 2017 08:47PM
Great finds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login