Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Its said there is no gold in Texas, but this seems to show different-not sure where the areas are
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 02, 2015 09:46PM
Do they mean there is not enough gold per ton for it to be profitable?
I've been all over Central Texas to the border-has anyone tried panning for gold?
http://www.roundrockgpaa.net/txgold.html

Re: Its said there is no gold in Texas, but this seems to show different-not sure where the areas are
Posted by: Texadillo
Date: September 04, 2015 10:07AM
Some gold and silver has been found around Mason and Llano counties primarily associated with the Llano Uplift geological area. Mason county is also known for Texas blue topaz which can be found in the area if you have permission to access property or at a "pay to dig" site. I have been to that area in the past on arrowhead hunts but would like to go back someday with a gold pan and also to "eyeball" for some blue topaz:smile:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2015 10:10AM by Texadillo.

I wonder if any nuggets of size have been found with detectors?N/T
Date: September 05, 2015 01:46AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Its said there is no gold in Texas, but this seems to show different-not sure where the areas are
Posted by: Texadillo
Date: September 05, 2015 01:40PM
From some of the pics I've seen I would think so if you are lucky enough to get a coil close to one. I remember seeing a pic a few years ago where someone found a native silver nugget about the size of a quarter using a metal detector. The pic that really intrigues me is the handful of nuggets found while dredging in the Guadalupe River around Kerrville.? That stretch of the Guadalupe runs a little NW to SE in that area of Texas with many creeks and natural drainages feeding down from the mineralized area (Llano Uplift) just north of there? The history of that area claims that the Spanish did some mining in the 1700's and later in the 1800's claims of silver deposits were talked about? Here I am trying to recover from "gold fever" and you have to bring up this subject:throw: Ha!

In this case, the fever has you close to home.:biggrin:N/T
Date: September 06, 2015 06:39AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login