Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Stories by Arkie John......
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: February 20, 2009 03:58PM
Thank you AJ!:smile:

A liar will assume you are lying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 10:13PM by Wayne in BC.

:usaflag:Navigating by the North Star
Posted by: Arkie John
Date: January 19, 2009 08:57PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigating by the North Star

I wrote this story last summer. I don't think I have posted it. If I have, please indulge me.....

Ever since I was a little kid, whenever it got time to go fishin

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 06:14PM by Wayne in BC.

enjoyed your story john
Posted by: david(tx)
Date: January 19, 2009 09:56PM
its funny how people like solitude and companionship,has to be a fine line nobody has figured out,how much you need of each.both solitude and companionshipship bring joy and not so much joy:smile:.i'd forgotten about people putting cedar bushes in the lake to attract crappie.

Felt as thougn I was right there with you Arkie... Thank you for a great story!!! :thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: January 19, 2009 09:58PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Glad you liked the story, David.
Date: January 20, 2009 02:28PM
I think the idea of needing solitude has to do with the fact that humans are distinguished from, say, livestock, because they have a soul.

I saw on TV once of how mountain really thrived on the "high lonesome." I think I know where they were coming from although the "high lonesome" was a more prolonged event. After a long day and night of fishing, I am always glad to head the ole' GMC homeward to the love of family and a home-cooked meal.

aj

It's funny how those 'off the cuff' thangs just kinda happen.
Date: January 20, 2009 02:34PM
I never expected to stay so long but I would have missed so much. Right after each sunset, ole' Venus is hanging in the western sky, shining like a beacon. It is particularly beautiful with a pink to colbalt blue to black sky as a backdrop.

Did you get a moose this time around?

aj

Re: Navigating by the North Star
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: January 20, 2009 03:25PM
Great Story Tellin.

Takes me way back-----------------------!

Many Thanks,

Cupajo

Well, you might have been there alone that night, but I was with you
Posted by: Sunny
Date: January 20, 2009 07:18PM
tonight! Can't wait to be there in person big brother! This was a great story, and just remember. Ruth lies sometimes too! :lol: (It's so good to have you posting again!)

david, just this past Sunday Scott and I were riding around looking at land and such, and on
Date: January 20, 2009 07:27PM
our way, we passed three large trucks with their flatbeds filled with discarded Christmas trees on their way to "Johnboy's Lake" he is referring to. The crappie love 'em, and so do we! :)

No meeses this year... hopefullt next year... But the two deer sorta made up for it!! :):N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: January 20, 2009 09:27PM

What a wonderful story. I have had a thousand nights on the lake just like that
Posted by: Royal
Date: January 21, 2009 05:36PM
maybe not just like that but I have spent many hours on a quiet lake watching the stars. If the fish are not biting? So what? I really miss the fishing. Gills with a flyrod in the spring. Crappies through the ice and bass all summer long. Pike in the spring.

I sure miss the fishing. Maybe I will break out the flyrod this spring and catch some bedding gills. I wish I lived nearer to you guys so I could enjoy some of the wonderful fishing you write about with you.

Your writing just pulls the reader right into the boat with you

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

You have an open invitation anytime! I might let you use one of my rod and reels!!! :punch:N/T
Date: January 21, 2009 07:11PM

Who needs fish on a night like that!
Posted by: Dan-MO
Date: January 21, 2009 09:16PM
Beautifully written. Thank you.

Thanks Danno!! You're correct; who needs fish?N/T
Date: January 21, 2009 11:35PM

Thanks for the super-kind words, Royal.
Date: January 21, 2009 11:38PM
You can fish from my boat ANYTIME! I'm goin' again tomorrow. 62 degrees; so I will probably stay a while. :)

aj

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login