Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
:usaflag: I Met an Angel Today
Posted by: Arkie John
Date: October 26, 2009 10:44PM
I Met An Angel Today

It was 6:30 in the afternoon. I had just completed my shopping and was coming out of the store with a cart holding four bags of goods and a boquet of lillies. I parked the cart inside, as I noticed there weren't too many left for other patrons. After finally grabbing my bags all in my left hand and the lillies in my right, I turned toward the door to exit, only to see this frail, petite little old lady shuffleing ever so slowly toward the door.

My bags contained a gallon of mild and a halfpgallon CranGrape juice--and they were heavy. Not wanting to wait until my next birthday for the little lady to pass, I was easing past the silver-haired old saint, giving her plenty of room to spare. As I was almost out of there and gone for good, I heard her say with a gentle voice, "Oh! Are THOSE for ME???"

I stopped in my tracks, feeling a little guilty for not waiting for her to go first, like my daddy always taught me. Looking directly at her, my eyes beheld an eighties-something little lady with pale skin, fairly short hair and a big friendly smile. Her baby-blue eyes pierced my soul with a twinkle and let me know that she was a lonely, kind-hearted sort who loved life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 11:38PM by Wayne in BC.

AJ i am so glad to see............
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: October 26, 2009 11:42PM
your excellent story of life! You have a way of touching ones heart:thumbup:

Re: AJ i am so glad to see............
Date: October 29, 2009 06:43PM
...and Wayne, you give me forum to share it. Thanks so much!

aj

Heartwarming... uplifting... a delight to read..
Posted by: Mikie
Date: October 29, 2009 08:21PM
And all the more so since it is not only a lesson and parable... it happened to you!! :thumbup:

say hello to Tom and Linda for me..

Fair winds

Micheal

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

You can bet you will remember it and
Posted by: Royal
Date: November 01, 2009 05:35AM
the feeling it gave you, at least as long as she will. People remember those kindnesses.

Every time I start thinking things are going badly I just look around. I gave a friend a ride home last week, I avoided him generally because he was the type that just never knew how to have a conversation, he just talked at you and never even listened to what you had to say. It was easier to just avoid him.

He had no drivers licence and needed a ride so I offered. As he got out of the truck and thanked me I told him I would wait until he entered his little rented home. He was about a hundred and 20 lbs over weight and as he walked off I wondered why the heck he had not walked home for the exercise. A heart attack waiting to happen.

Well two days later he was found in his yard, dead. Heart attack :( Bruce was a nice guy but I avoided him because of the way he made me feel. People are attracted to people by not what they do for them but how they make them feel.

You have a friend for life now, no matter if you ever see her again, you made her feel good and in turn you are now a better friend to yourself for the same reason. She was there for a reason...

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Mike, thank you for your post
Date: November 03, 2009 07:44PM
I keep you two close to my heart. One day Linda and I will get up there. We just have to get her well before she can travel.

Take care,

AJ

Re: You can bet you will remember it and
Date: November 05, 2009 09:22AM
You know, Royal, I try to live each day as if there were no tomorrow. Some days I do that okay. Others, I fail miserably. But you are correct. It' didn't cost me an arm and a leg to make the old saint feel that she had worth. How cool is it to really be on the giving end?????

I know about the weight issue. Since the divorce, I am 40 pounds lighter. I walk eight miles almost every night right now until I get to my goal of 180. I have about 12 pounds to go. Then, I cut back to an every-other-day-maintenance-routine thangy. I'll do whatever it takes to keep my weight between 175 and 185. It is surprising how it makes you feel to be 40 pounds lighter!!!

Thanks for your post, buddy.

aj

:usaflag:Pike County Clay
Date: November 25, 2009 01:46AM
Hey folks. I know it's been a while. Linda (Sunny), Tom (Lil' Brother) and myself buried our oldest brother today. After I got home, I sat down at the computer and this little diddy came spewing out...and I just wanted to share it with all my friends here on the forum. The well has been dry for some time now...and that's why I have not been posting. However the poetry is coming around. Guess I'm a Leonard Cohen junkie and wannabe lol.

Please share in my heart of hearts. <><

AJ

Pike County Clay

We rolled along the highway into the autumn sun
Seeking to be settled once the task was done,
To comfort the family at the end of the day,
We buried our oldest brother in the Pike County clay.

At seventy-five years, still too young to go,
Searching for the stories I was never to know
I wanted more time to seek and more time to pray
But all too soon I was standing there on Pike County clay.

I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 10:45PM by Wayne in BC.

So sorry to hear that Arkie...
Posted by: Mikie
Date: November 25, 2009 08:27AM
Not much can be said... other than.. May God bless you and help you over this.

Say hello to Linda and Tom for us.

hope to have you back soon

calm seas, fair winds

Micheal

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

May your God always be with you and comfort you, AJ.N/T
Posted by: bdahunter
Date: November 25, 2009 09:15AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Please pass my deepest sympathies on to your family.N/T
Posted by: George-CT
Date: November 25, 2009 09:29AM

A heartfelt poem....and our sincere sympathy and best wishes to you all AJ.N/T
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: November 25, 2009 10:28AM

Condolences to the family....N/T
Posted by: ojm bc
Date: November 25, 2009 02:02PM

Sorry to hear that John. My condolences to all of youN/T
Posted by: Royal
Date: November 25, 2009 02:14PM

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/
INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

I will give the family everyone's best at Thanksgiving Tomorrow
Date: November 25, 2009 03:17PM
Each of you have a blessed say, fer sur.

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login