Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I enjoyed that very much Dan.
Posted by: George-CT
Date: December 05, 2008 11:52AM
Your hunts remind me of some of mine. NIce to have those memories. Just looking at some of my finds knowing how I found them or where brings a smile. From your detecting, research to the folks on this site, pretty hard not to find treasure in some form. I'd say we are all winners....

Thanks for post.

George

Yes we are. The most productive place I found on land are sidewalks
Posted by: Royal
Date: December 05, 2008 03:22PM
find a place they are replacing them and it can be a goldmine!!

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

I enjoyed your Stories very much.. Like the other folks here, it stirred memories of my own past experience with detecting and all the friends I have made... Thank you my friend! :beers:N/T
Posted by: Jim Vokes NY
Date: December 05, 2008 11:53PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

-------------------------- "Be patient! God isn't finished with me yet!"
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration!" -------------Hillary Clinton.

Thank you Jim!N/T
Posted by: Dan-MO
Date: December 06, 2008 02:16PM

You got that right.....Thanks George!N/T
Date: December 06, 2008 02:17PM

Dan, this was indeed a good story.............
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: December 07, 2008 09:19AM
It was interesting reading how you first started metal detecting and how you progressed to where you are today. Amazing how your stories brought back memory's of when I bought my first metal detector, how I progressed from hunting arrowheads to hunting treasure. I had to laugh when you were talking about researching and how you would get side tracked to reading other stories...same happened to me. I do not do much metal detecting at the moment, but found it strange that you posted this story as this time because a few weeks ago I got my metal detector out of the closet and will be at it again.

One of the funniest things that I ever encountered was the first time that I took the metal detector by horse back to a remote area of a ranch down here next to us. I had figured out how to carry it in pieces in the saddlebags and carefully wrapped in a couple of old pillow cases. When I got to the site, I discovered that I had left the coil at the barn...when I got back to the home place, Debbie asked me if I had found anything. I just said "no" and never told her that I had left the coil at the barn.

Dan, thanks for posting this story...very enjoyable reading! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Thanks Fred.......
Date: December 07, 2008 02:38PM
I bet you were a bit frustrated to say the least when you realized you forgot the coil to your detector....:lol: Wise move on your part not to tell Debbie!

Dan, I just read all three parts of your story and you start as a detectorist was
Posted by: Sunny
Date: December 11, 2008 08:31PM
really interesting. I did buy a Garrett if you all remember about two years ago. I never found very much, and both of my brothers take things by mood. If they metal detected, I would. If they fished, I tried to, and if they hunted I just stayed home as I do not hunt. I did find one ring, but not much else. The only lessons I had were from the brothers and Mikie and Royal...............so, go figure. Bull might have been there too!

You, Royal, Wayner and Cowboy were some of the first I read on the forum, after an invite from Arkie. The forum will not let him on for some reason, and we cannot figure out why, and Tom's computer is broken with not enough money right now to fix it. That's why they have been absent. But I always found everything all of you wrote so entertaining, and still do. I'm still going to make a visit to you and Linda one day. I just don't think it's that far away. That's why I MUST get well.................so I can do some of the things that I had planned to do.

They both have some good stories to tell..............maybe I'll get them to sit down and write one while they are visiting me one day.

I really enjoyed all three parts of your story! Merry Christmas, and give my love to Linda.. :)

:usaflag:A frog for the bride
Date: February 21, 2009 11:38PM
I just found this true story I wrote a few years ago......Not sure if I ever posted it or not

I had a nice visit with my brother Wayne and his wife Evelynn recently and the talk got around to old times and the first time I ever met Evelynn........

One summer night about 25 years ago my brother brought his girlfriend to Linda and my home to meet us for the first time.We had been married for about 5 years at the time and my house was a second home to my brother Wayne who is 4 years younger than me.

Wayne and I were quite a pair in those days.We were always coming up with new and exciting ways to get ourselves into trouble that seemed like perfectly good ideas at the time we thought of them.As is so often the case many of our greatest ideas were born after consuming a goodly quantity of Mr Augustus Busch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 02:10AM by Wayne in BC.

Memories are made of this!:lol: .............
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: February 22, 2009 02:14AM
Oh ya Dan, i was there with you or maybe best i wasn't....it could have been worse:rofl:
Those days were special and thanks for the laugh:thumbup:

A liar will assume you are lying

Oh man, that is funny!! I bet the story is
Date: February 22, 2009 06:41AM
told a little differently by each of you. I would love to hear her version about two AH's that took her out and purposely dumped a frog down her dress!!:super: Idadunit for sure :D

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 06:42AM by Royal.

One of tnhe funniest stories Dan.. What a great tale..
Posted by: Mikie
Date: February 22, 2009 08:10AM
Pity about not hearing some of your other exploits though!! :):

One question.. What would you do with the frogs after you caught them?

Calm seas

Mikie

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

We would EAT them :DN/T
Date: February 22, 2009 08:15AM

Really???? They do not sound particularly appetizing!! What do they taste like..?? Yeah Yeah!! Either like frogs or like chicken, Right?? :):N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: February 22, 2009 08:45AM

You generally just eat the legs and
Date: February 22, 2009 09:46AM
they are very good. I would skin them out and bread them and fry them up. Nice white meat abut they will jump when they hit the hot grease if they are fresh.

I have eaten them in resturants, just like crawdads

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login