Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Now Mikie, apologize to Bull!!!! Plus, I got mixed signals from that comment! :rofl: (not really)N/T
Posted by: Sunny
Date: March 09, 2009 09:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

See what I mean......I need some friends. :cry:N/T
Posted by: WillyP
Date: March 10, 2009 08:35AM

Why??? :): He is the one who posted Wickie!! :D: Or someting like that. Besides, I just stole a line from 'George of the Jungle" :): And to top it off, he knows I do not mean it!!!!N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: March 10, 2009 05:22PM

Because you are so outgoing now.....................of course your have friends! :)N/T
Date: March 10, 2009 09:17PM

Okay, ..if the two of you are okay then so am I! :)N/T
Date: March 10, 2009 09:19PM

You have more than one friend here ya, big dummy:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: Royal
Date: March 11, 2009 07:12PM

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/
INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

This is definitely the biggest circle of friends I have!! I feel like I have a bunch
Date: March 11, 2009 07:21PM
of brothers! :clap: And that's a great feeling! :)

In spite of a hard childhood, It sounds like you have
Posted by: George-CT
Date: March 11, 2009 09:52PM
done well for yourself in your adult life. I had a similar upbringing with parent with a problem with alcohol.
There was never enough, and we were spoiling his fun if we interfered with a 2 week drunk. I turned into and
introvert big time. Later in life heard about the National Association of Children of Alcoholics to where I started to
figure out why I was the way I was. Probably the 2 most helpful books I read to understand myself and finally let people in was Struggle for Intimacy and Recovery A guide for Adult Children of Alcoholics. I find it easier to reach out here, then in person. I still tend to keep people at arms length for a long time..... In reading other post on here about Royal, Mike, Sunny etc sounds like you found the right combination. That shotgun story hit a big nerve, and I still have that weapon. My escape was to run off with a circus passing thru town....Not sure that was much better, but you learn how to survive real fast. I still can't sit with my back to a door or where I can't scan a room. Never knew when that next shoe would drop... Like you I value family above all, but still tend to keep that space.

Geo-CT

Re: In spite of a hard childhood, It sounds like you have
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: March 12, 2009 05:28AM
Hey George,

Many of us share that story,each learning to survive and deal with life in our own way. As we are living it, most of us are unaware of others on the same journey. When we truly realize we aren't in it alone we can begin to enjoy life.

I lived in survival mode until one day in my forties, when I realized how it was influencing my life. That's when I was able to start really living and for the first time my wife commented that I no longer had a "hard look" in my eyes!

I have a younger brother who has spent his life escaping into a bottle and has paid dearly. So sad to witness, but we each must travel in our own footsteps alone, with others on similar paths, to learn all that life has to teach.

I escaped as an eighteen year old, by joining the USAF and have had a good ride, everything considered, sometimes in spite of myself!

Thanks for sharing your experiences Friend,

Cupajo

Cupajo and George, I had the privelege of meeting Bill (Bull, My nickname for him cause
Date: March 12, 2009 08:27PM
he is full of it :lol: and he is one of the sweetest, funny, and can be serious sometimes, people I have ever met! I know if I were to meet the two of you, you both would be the same way. I can tell by your posts! When Bull walked into the room, it was tho we were lifelong friends, simply from this forum. He said he felt the same way. I mean I took off to Canada the first time (Alice and Mikie have put up with me twice) not knowing any of them, Mikie, Alice, Royal, and Bill. My children were so afraid for me to "go off so far away to meet strangers I met on the internet". They said that was something I always told them not to do. I told them I was old enough to handle myself. I left thinking I was just going to stay 3 days, and by the time the next day came, all of them had me talked into calling Scott and telling him I would not be back, instead I was extending my stay for a week. He didn't much like that , but got over it okay. They welcomed all of us into their home, introduced us to several of their friends, we hunted arrow heads, shoveled horse poop, canned jelly, made bread, ate a lot and drank a WHOLE lot of wine. When time came to go home, I still didn't want to. But I knew I had made life long friends (Especially when I found out the one little store down town carried Haagen Daz ice cream on a stick) :lol: Just kidding.

I really don't think there is a person on this forum that would not be the same way since we corresponde via the forum. I would love to meet more of you. :)

Re: Cupajo and George, I had the privelege of meeting Bill (Bull, My nickname for him cause
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: March 12, 2009 09:32PM
Hi Kid,

It would be nice to meet you too!!

There is nohing finer in this life than a visit with down to earth folks and this forum seems to be over-run with them!!

Fond Regards,

Cupajo

Who knows? People have to make things happen. Maybe one day....................! :)N/T
Date: March 12, 2009 09:34PM

Carol and I are hoping to visit Rob in Windsor one day soon. Then shoot down to Royal's. I gotta meet the woman who can put up with him.:biggrin:N/T
Posted by: WillyP
Date: March 14, 2009 07:00PM

Is Rob and Grace doing okay? I sure do miss him on the forum! :(N/T
Date: March 14, 2009 07:03PM

I miss his humor and his posts also! :(N/T
Posted by: Ron J
Date: March 14, 2009 07:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login