Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mike, you have had some interesting jobs...........
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: August 04, 2009 06:59PM
I do not think that I would have wanted to look for the break in that sewer pipe. When reading the part about the sunken logs...I came to the quick conclusion that had to be extemely dangerous work. Mike, this was a very enjoyable story...thanks for sharing it. Kelley (Texas) :)

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you!"

If you use wordpad or notepad, excel etc.............
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: August 04, 2009 07:19PM
you hit ALT F5 to put it in and the same to cancel. If your too late, i dunno:biggrin: Its fixed:thumbup:

You must mean the sewage job Paul... Ah.. but they paid me a lot of money for that one!! :D:N/T
Posted by: Mikie
Date: August 04, 2009 07:47PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

When they got in touch with me about that sewage job and I had committed, I named what I thought was a pretty obscene price for the job... They said yes with no hesitation. Maybe I quoted too low. :):N/T
Date: August 04, 2009 07:50PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 07:53PM by Mikie.

I figured it out... It was a bracketed s.. Who knew?? :D:N/T
Date: August 04, 2009 07:51PM

:thumbup:Any Diving related story is interesting Mikie!N/T
Posted by: Ron J
Date: August 04, 2009 08:37PM

Thank you Ron... always nice when someone takes the time to read!N/T
Date: August 05, 2009 12:39AM

Sounds like you had some tough jobs there to deal with
Posted by: George-CT
Date: August 05, 2009 11:12PM
Mikie. Funny the things you will do when young and need money. The logging one sounds like the more dangerous for sure. I did one similar on a bridge they were cutting down. The dismantlement started non union so they were just cutting them with the torch and letting them drop in the river. When a few of the deep draft oil boats come up they touched a few of them so that was the end of dropping them in the water. We came in to finish the job and also get all the ones on the bottom. The water was clear being late November but what a mess. Iron against iron moves easy and fast. We got it don't with no one getting hurt but you were on your toes start to finish. That was the only time I got to dive while working as and Ironworker other than grabbing lobsters after work for the gan.

Sure don't sound like the sewer line was to enjoyable. You were smart in using and old suit you could get rid of...
George-CT

I agree that the log moving was the most dangerous...
Date: August 06, 2009 08:27AM
Every time that a log was pulled out, the water got dirtier and the wholr pattern of the sunken logs changed. So any memory of how the logs looked was destroyed with each haul.

The seage job...... I do not think that there is enough money to have me do that these days. :):

thanks for taking the time

Fair winds

Micheal;

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Yeah, that shows that diving is not all fun. I have not done any diving for money so
Posted by: Royal
Date: August 07, 2009 06:13AM
I have never swam with turds :D

Interesting buddy. 750 dives or so and never had a disgusting job.

By the way. You said you had an odd beer. What is an odd beer. Skunky beer???:razz:

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

:biteme: You know I do not drink beer!!! :D:N/T
Date: August 07, 2009 08:08AM

I cannot imagine going after a
Posted by: Sunny
Date: August 07, 2009 12:03PM
body.....even knowing what you were looking for surely shocked you when you found it. But I had to laugh a bit when you "found yourself in some deep do-do!" :rofl:

Thanks Linda... Yeah the sewage job was the most unpleasant in terms of the yuck factor.. the body thing was just sad and disturbing.N/T
Date: August 14, 2009 05:20PM

Re: Stories by Mikie........
Posted by: TexasCharley
Date: August 15, 2009 09:51AM
Some years ago I was fishing in S. Louisiana, in the swampland, with a cousin of mine. We had a Cajun guide & were fishing out of a pirogue, I asked the Cajun if we were in danger of tipping over. He said "No, man--this the steadiest boat in all South Louisiana, You keep that seegar in the middle of you mouth an' we be all right." I spotted what looked like a number of cypress logs floating in the water around us. I mentioned to my cousin that we might gather up the logs & sell them. He said "Them ain't logs." I was looking at gators from12 to 15 feet long.

We were fishing for 'saddleblanket flounder.' Saddleblanket flounder are found only in the brackish water where the sea meets the fresh water. These are flounder 4 to 5 feet long & that wide as well. They're great eating & 1 will feed 4 to 6 people. Unfortunately, you also find sawfish there & a sawfish can make a mess of your catch--or your boat, if it's not made of metal. They won't bother a pirogue, which is basically a hollow log, but they will attack a wooden or fiberglas boat. They shy off of aluminum or steel boats.

I thought that pirogues were notoriously unstable.. :):N/T
Date: August 18, 2009 06:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login