Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I'd been a little nervous around them gators.N/T
Posted by: Paul (AR)
Date: August 18, 2009 08:45PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Stories by Mikie........
Posted by: TexasCharley
Date: August 19, 2009 09:46AM
Like the Cajun said, "You keep that seegar in the middle a you mouth, we be all right."

:canadaflag:Well.... the new scoot works very well.. :):
Posted by: Mikie
Date: August 19, 2009 09:13AM
Went to Blue river again and met my son there. It is a pretty long drive [around 300 miles] but the chance to see my son makes it all worthwhile. I did not realize just how far it was and kept wondering if I had somehow missed the turnoff. Eventually I found the place and in we went. Found our son there and got suited up. He went to one diving board, I to the other and we had at the bottom with the blasters.

We did keep finding a large quantity of money with the odd item of jewelry thrown in for good measure. I killed two tanks before I decided to put all my effort into one area rather than blow all over. I donned my third [and last tank I had with me that day] and hit one area under a dive board. The area was approximately a picnic table size.

Once I got through the semi-hard mud bottom, things really started to show up. At days end, we had over $80.00 in change, 9 watches [of which these four are the best, 14 sunglasses [all junk except this one], one gold chain, 3 silver chains 12 earrings [gold and silver] and a determination to come back, possibly this year] to really hit it hard in one area.

Interesting thing about one one of the watches. The yellow faced one [a Nixon] has the days of the week in either Spanish or Italian. Hard to tell when only three letters show. The others are a Rip Curl [a surfers watch] a Cardinal and a Tag Heuer. The sunglasses, while ugly, are Smiths... made in France and retailing for around $175.00. The gold chain is 14k.

Next time... even more. :):

fair winds

Micheal

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 11:16AM by Wayne in BC.

Mike, you folks have found a good site...........
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: August 19, 2009 09:38AM
Do those watches still work and can they be cleaned up where they can be worn again? I think this is a neat way to treasure hunt. Enjoyed the story, thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Watches all are working Fred... I replaced the batteries in atwo and they are just humming along..
Date: August 19, 2009 10:01AM
The Nixon is the more unusual of them all due to the language thing.

Fair winds

Micheal

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

That much to balance it huh??? :D: :): :rofl:N/T
Date: August 19, 2009 10:06AM

You may have to haul your compressor along buddy:biggrin: .............
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: August 19, 2009 11:30AM
shallow water, three tanks! Lotta time in the water that would be! Glad to hear you found a good spot!
How about recharging the scoot?

Got 4 batteries for it... Atr an hour and a half per battery... I will be set for a while!! :):N/T
Date: August 19, 2009 01:40PM

Can't be that, Great finds and a day with your son.
Posted by: George-CT
Date: August 19, 2009 02:58PM
That scoot sweeper mode works very well for you Mikie. You got the spots, the gear, now you just need the time. Got to be some high end jewelry there somewhere. I wish I could say I've been in the water this year, but like you, limited time right now. This has been a nice week with 3 days in the 90's so folks were out. If we get a cool one or windy or rain, I will make time to hit a couple of fresh water swimming beaches that get used. Nice collection of watches there. That Nixon one sounds real interesting.

Good Job....

George-CT

You should think about one George... Ebay..... knock off model 24 volts... $159.00
Date: August 19, 2009 04:45PM
Looking forward to trying again.. Today... well, we did basil, spinach,peas, and beans. Tomorrow.. rhubarb, carrots,corn oregano and probably thyme.

Sometimes this retirement is not all it is cracked up to be. :):

but like you said, being with my son was the best of all.

Fair winds

Micheal

You did good Mikie, what a haul!!!N/T
Posted by: Paul (AR)
Date: August 19, 2009 06:34PM

Thanks Paul...... Realy looking forward to the return visit.N/T
Date: August 19, 2009 09:33PM

Re: Stories by Mikie........
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: August 20, 2009 05:00AM
How can it get any better than that?

Doing two things you really enjoy,plus sharing them with your son and bringing home treasure too!

Wow Mikie!

CJ

You been out lately Cupa??? I know that you have good things to tell!!!!N/T
Date: August 20, 2009 08:21AM

Re: You been out lately Cupa??? I know that you have good things to tell!!!!
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: August 20, 2009 10:35AM
I start most days with 1/2 hour to an hour of beach hunting and as soon as the tide etc allow I want to spend a lot more time with the Whites DF I mentioned in the other post on this page.

That's about it until cooler weather sets in.

The nice thing about diving is that it is a nice break from the heat!

Regards,

CJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login