Findmall.com

20th Century Tales Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Story's by Bayrat76
Posted by: Royal
Date: March 17, 2009 02:55PM
Thanks Bayrat for the story:thumbup:

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 02:57PM by Royal.

:usaflag:A little Piece of West Texas
Posted by: Bayrat76
Date: March 17, 2009 02:09PM
Took a trip out to west Texas a couple of weeks back, first time to Marfa, some of you might of heard of the Lights of Marfa, well I didn't see them ,but went out to a ranch about 50 miles south of town and spent a few days. The ranch had a colorful history to it. It is only 100 thousand acres as one person told me, mind blowing to me to think of a person owning that much land. The house is around 130 years old, built of adobe brick. It had a mesquite tree in the yard the only real tree of any size to it on the whole ranch. It is said it is were Pancho Villa would tie his horse up to when he would come and buy horses for his army. He was said to be good friends with the owner of the land back then. The San Jacinto Mtn. is on the ranch, back in the old days the owner would get one of his workers to get a mare with young colt take her to the top side of the Mtn. and go back every couple of days and check on them, if the colt had been killed they knew they had a cougar up there, They would pack up and go hunting for it. After seeing that country there was no doubt in my mind of the hardships and rough way life was for the people who settled there. The beauty of the area is hard to describe , Cactus which are purple, Blue Bonnets, and other flowers. Blue Quail, Mule Deer, jack rabbits, and a bunch of coyotes. I hope to get back there again soon.

BAYRAT76

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 02:56PM by Royal.

Re: A little Piece of West Texas
Posted by: Cupajo
Date: March 17, 2009 02:17PM
Hey Bayrat,

I kinda prefer the Gulf Coast to live for all the green until the Devil takes up residence in mid-June, July, August and September and thinks turn desert brown!!! I do enjoy exploring the rugged West Texas type terrain though. Nice pics. I was 1/2 surprised there were no rattle bugs in em tho!

Cupajo

Cupajo Not a one , but...
Date: March 17, 2009 02:37PM
It would be between 15 to 20 degrees in the morning getting into the 70's by 10:00 am. I watched for them when chasing Quail, I've seen to many times when it warms up the buzz worms will be laid out sunning. Found a couple of small guarder snakes. I did keep my eye out for them.

BAYRAT76

Man that is rough! Who is that with the dead german shepard?
Posted by: Royal
Date: March 17, 2009 02:51PM
did you swing a detector around that place? Looks like a great place to explore!!

http://royalottmar.blogspot.com/

INCREDIMAIL TECH SUPPORT SUCKS. IT IS TERRIBLE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR INCREDIMAIL!!

Really interesting and i sure like the pics!:thumbup: ...........
Posted by: Wayne in BC
Date: March 17, 2009 04:41PM
good story, have you got more like that?:clapping:

A liar will assume you are lying

Neat place..What is the iron box thing?N/T
Posted by: Ron J
Date: March 17, 2009 04:51PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Rather a brutal way to check for cougars.
Posted by: Mikie
Date: March 17, 2009 08:13PM
However, I guess back then it would have been an accepted practice.

That sure is a gorgeous area, Bayrat. That you holding the coyote?

Fair winds

Mikie

"There's no present like the time"

"A dog is better than me, for she has love and does not judge"

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most; That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in"

Thanks all of you,
Date: March 17, 2009 11:29PM
Royal I did but a lot of brass a pull tabs, I will get to know this explorer better the next time I go up, and do some real hunting. Mikie that is my best friend Jerry we be running buddies since 3rd grade, or 45 years. Ron that is a WWI ammo cart, the ranch was used in WWI as a test range when they pulled out it was left behind, every once in a while someone will find a live bomb head. I was told by a couple people had see it years ago so I spent one morning looking for it, the owner said he would sure like to get it and take it to his other ranch, so I think I will go up there an drag it down with a sled till I can get to a tailor. And haul it down to the other ranch for him, I think I got to I beams that will do the thick. A little thank you ideal.There was a old Stage line about 20 miles from there I will post the Pic's. The rail road tracks look like it goes for ever strait.

BAYRAT76

Looks like a good place to shoot a western!!Thanks for the
Posted by: Sunny
Date: March 18, 2009 07:27PM
story and taking the time to share the photos! :)

Your very Welcome Sunny.N/T
Date: March 18, 2009 09:39PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

BAYRAT76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login