Findmall.com

Global Positioning System (GPS) Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Choosing a GPS hand held
Posted by: Steve O
Date: November 12, 2011 05:16PM
Hello everyone, I need help choosing a handheld GPS for metal detecting. I don't want to spend more than $400. I'd like one that's rugged and water proof ish. Easy to use. You guys that have used many brands for detecting probably have a better idea of the best one to buy. Thanks.

Re: Choosing a GPS hand held
Posted by: Yeasty
Date: November 14, 2011 02:13PM
I use a Garmin Dakota 20. It's water resistant, rugged and does everything and more for what I need and it's within your price range. Just Google it and you will get a ton of information.

Posted by: JOE in MD
Date: November 16, 2011 09:12AM
I use a Garmin 60 CSx for metal detecting. works great have had it for several years now.

Posted by: Steve O
Date: November 20, 2011 02:38PM
Thanks guys, I'll check those out.

Posted by: NEBeachcomber
Date: November 22, 2011 09:20AM
I'll second the recommendation for the Garmin 60 CSx. I've got one with the Topo Maps installed and it's all that I need.

Date: November 23, 2011 06:57PM
A freind called me awhile back and Walmart must have been doing away with the TOPO maps CD's and I got the set for $13!!! Loaded them in the GPS and works great.

Posted by: NEBeachcomber
Date: November 26, 2011 11:32AM
You definitely smoked me on the $13.00 price tag for the Topo Maps. I can't recall what I paid... but I think it was in the ballpark of $80.00 for the map sets back in 2008???

Date: November 26, 2011 07:00PM
Yes, My buddy called me at wrok and I high tailed it over to that Wal-Mart. He said there were 2 left, but by time I got there only 1 was on the shelf. They sell for $89 for the set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login