Findmall.com

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got my 12"x10" SEF butterfly coil for my Golden last night in the mail:thumbup:
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: January 18, 2012 09:52AM
Looks like it is going to be a great coil and it is not any heavier than the Cleansweep coil. In fact it sweeps well.

I picked this coil to backup my Cleansweep for those areas where I want to maintain ground coverage but needed more depth, like in the turf when the grass hasn't been mowed and is 4 or 5" high, etc.

It looks good on my Golden and air tests well. Hopefully I'll get to hunt it this weekend and can give a report.

Tones rule :lol:
HH
Mike

Fisher F5
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Fisher CZ 5 Quicksilver
Whites Sierra Gold Trac
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Golden Sabre II

Re: Got my 12"x10" SEF butterfly coil for my Golden last night in the mail:thumbup:
Posted by: tvr
Date: January 18, 2012 05:48PM
Looking forward to the report!

Any reports on the SEF Mike?N/T
Posted by: MXTerer
Date: January 22, 2012 08:09PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Got my 12"x10" SEF butterfly coil for my Golden last night in the mail:thumbup:
Posted by: amcjavelin
Date: January 22, 2012 09:05PM
I had a 12 x 10 on my vaquero and worked great no complaints with mine!

Posted by: :Left4Dead
Date: January 23, 2012 05:47PM
I too wonder how it will work without sending the unit in to Tesoro to get them matched up?

Mike

Current--
Tesoro Cibola/ Tesoro Compadre.
Detectors used-- / Ace250, Tecnetics Delta 4000, Bounty Hunter quick draw./ Use Garrett pro pointer
/Digging with - Lesche hand tool, little Sampson
/Oldest coin 1887 IH ,Rings 11, Silver rings 4, 1 gold .

Location. Farmington MN

Here is all I can say at this point :shrug:
Date: January 24, 2012 12:50PM
I was only able to spend almost an hour hunting with my new 12 x 10 SEF butterfly coil this weekend. I had scheduled 2 hours but a home crisis cut me short early. This is what I can tell you so far:

Regards weight - it isn't any heavier than my new Cleansweep coil. Handles fine on the end of the detector.

Regards ground balance - it doesn't need any more ground balance adjustment range than my Cleansweep coil does. In fact, it wasn't any further off balance than the Cleansweep coil was when I first put it on. So yes, my Golden can be manually balanced to run this coil just fine without a trip to Tesoro.

Regards sensitivity - I was able to run the gain at Max or into the red boost zone with very little EMI falsing. There was one little 4 foot area where it chattered just faintly, but other than that one spot, it ran smooth and silent.

Regards pinpointing - it pinpoints just like any other DD coil. If you are familiar with DD coils, then you would not have any pinpoint issues. If you have never used DD coils, then you would have to learn how to they work. I pinpoint in Disc mode off the toe of the coil and had no issues. I didn't use the all metal mode for pinpointing because I have it supertuned.

Regards discrimination - The only changes I needed to make was a slight adjustment to my notch width to keep my gold tone in the range I prefer to run it. Other than that I had no issues with discrimination other than the normal ones that are common with DD coils.

Regards depth - This is still pending as I didn't get a change to hunt deep targets this go around. It did hit good on the middle range 5 to 6 inch targets but I didn't get a chance to hunt for the deeper 7-9 inch targets, so that will be pending.

Regards Overall performance - My first impressions are positive. It handles well as far as balance and weight, it hit well on the targets I did find. Pinpointing wasn't an issue. The only negative note was that for some of the deeper targets I recovered (5" to 6" range) the target signal would sometimes go quiet in the hole. I didn't have time to experiment with this to see if it was a ground mineral issue or a target orientation issue. I'll have to look at this some more when I get time.

Overall I find it to be a positive addition to my other coils.

HH
Mike

Fisher F5
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Fisher CZ 5 Quicksilver
Whites Sierra Gold Trac
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Golden Sabre II

Nice report on the coil Mike!!
Posted by: 88junior
Date: January 25, 2012 06:41AM
Keep us updated on the coil, and tell us how deep that puppy goes on older sites!

Posted by: tabman
Date: January 25, 2012 09:40AM
I want to know more about this coil. I assume it will work on the Eldorado and Bandido uMax detectors. I wonder if it's any deeper than the 9x8 coil?

tabman

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Tesoro Vaquero * Tesoro Golden u-Max * Bandido II ÁMax * Tesoro Silver uMax * 3 Garrett Pro Pointers * 2 Lesche Trowels * Killer B Wasp & Grey Ghost Headphones * Predator Tool Little Eagle & Dixie Shovels * Teknetics G2 * Teknetics T2SE * Teknetics Omega

Re: Any reports on the SEF Mike?
Date: March 23, 2012 08:45AM
No more from me. I needed cash to buy something else and it got tagged as expendable and I sold it.

HH
Mike

sorry. Didn't mean to post on this thread and can't delete it.

Fisher F5
Teknetics EuroTek Pro
Fisher CZ 5 Quicksilver
Whites Sierra Gold Trac
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Golden Sabre II

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 08:47AM by Mike Hillis.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login