Findmall.com

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Best Tesoro for a Beginner Relic Hunter
Posted by: dlh
Date: February 13, 2012 06:56PM
I know someone who is just a fanatic about searching and finding stuff above or below ground, especially relics, etc. He said he might be interested in a detector. I do not know his budget but he mentioned a friend that let him use his "big name" detector. He commented it was to heavy and to busy to use. Since I am new to the the Tesoro line can I get some input on a good beginner model for relics if I decide to point him in that direction. I would suggest the Vaquero to him but like I said I do not know his budget.

Thanks in advance
Denis

Re: Best Tesoro for a Beginner Relic Hunter
Posted by: Topo
Date: February 13, 2012 07:09PM
the vaquero is good, I have also used the compadre for relics, not bad at all

Using: White's and Tesoro

Posted by: tabman
Date: February 13, 2012 08:00PM
For relic hunting, the Tesoro Vaquero will be hard to beat at any cost.

tabman

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Tesoro Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max
Tesoro Bandido II u-Max * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett AT Pro * Teknetics G2 * Tesoro Vaquero * Killer B's Wasp Headphones

Posted by: WV62
Date: February 13, 2012 09:20PM
I don't see any reason a beginner couldn't start off with the Tejon or the Vaquero. I don't think any of the beep and dig models are hard to use. A must have for me would be one that I can change coils and has manual ground balance.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: thump7
Date: February 13, 2012 09:31PM
tabman

tabman

I will second that. Probly one of the most user friendly, high performance machines out there. I use mine for mainly relic hunting. Take the time to learn a tesoro or any other non-display unit for that matter.

Posted by: upnorth
Date: February 16, 2012 06:33PM
thump7
tabman

tabman

I will second that. Probly one of the most user friendly, high performance machines out there. I use mine for mainly relic hunting. Take the time to learn a tesoro or any other non-display unit for that matter.

I have seen with my own two eyes how deep the Vaquero will go, in the hands of a good detectorist (thump7). If I had to buy all over again I would save money on initial cost (for my Tejon) and batteries later (eight for Tejon) and buy a Vaq. It's less expensive, runs one battery instead of eight, and goes as deep or deeper than the Tejon. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Tejon, but I have very high respect for the Vaq.

Chris, western Canada, A.T.Pro, Tesoro Tejon

Posted by: sqwaby
Date: February 16, 2012 08:55PM
The Vaquero will get the job done, plus some. Get the 5.75 coil, when the trash gets heavy. Better get a good shovel to go with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login