Findmall.com

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Best Tesoro for a Beginner Relic Hunter
Posted by: dlh
Date: February 13, 2012 06:56PM
I know someone who is just a fanatic about searching and finding stuff above or below ground, especially relics, etc. He said he might be interested in a detector. I do not know his budget but he mentioned a friend that let him use his "big name" detector. He commented it was to heavy and to busy to use. Since I am new to the the Tesoro line can I get some input on a good beginner model for relics if I decide to point him in that direction. I would suggest the Vaquero to him but like I said I do not know his budget.

Thanks in advance
Denis

Re: Best Tesoro for a Beginner Relic Hunter
Posted by: Topo
Date: February 13, 2012 07:09PM
the vaquero is good, I have also used the compadre for relics, not bad at all

Using: White's and Tesoro

Posted by: tabman
Date: February 13, 2012 08:00PM
For relic hunting, the Tesoro Vaquero will be hard to beat at any cost.

tabman

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max * Bandido II ÁMax * Tesoro Silver uMax * Teknetics G2 * AT Pro * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett Pro Pointers * Lesche Trowels * Killer B Wasp Headphones * Predator Tool Little Eagle & Dixie Shovels

Posted by: WV62
Date: February 13, 2012 09:20PM
I don't see any reason a beginner couldn't start off with the Tejon or the Vaquero. I don't think any of the beep and dig models are hard to use. A must have for me would be one that I can change coils and has manual ground balance.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in West Virginia all my life, retired 2010
Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: thump7
Date: February 13, 2012 09:31PM
tabman

tabman

I will second that. Probly one of the most user friendly, high performance machines out there. I use mine for mainly relic hunting. Take the time to learn a tesoro or any other non-display unit for that matter.

Posted by: upnorth
Date: February 16, 2012 06:33PM
thump7
tabman

tabman

I will second that. Probly one of the most user friendly, high performance machines out there. I use mine for mainly relic hunting. Take the time to learn a tesoro or any other non-display unit for that matter.

I have seen with my own two eyes how deep the Vaquero will go, in the hands of a good detectorist (thump7). If I had to buy all over again I would save money on initial cost (for my Tejon) and batteries later (eight for Tejon) and buy a Vaq. It's less expensive, runs one battery instead of eight, and goes as deep or deeper than the Tejon. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Tejon, but I have very high respect for the Vaq.

Chris, western Canada, A.T.Pro, Tesoro Tejon

Posted by: sqwaby
Date: February 16, 2012 08:55PM
The Vaquero will get the job done, plus some. Get the 5.75 coil, when the trash gets heavy. Better get a good shovel to go with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login