Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Lesche Digger question
Posted by: comcat
Date: February 17, 2012 03:22PM
ccclontz
Several members of the forum have expressed their satisfaction with the Lesche Digger. Is it the standard one with right serrated blade? What is it about this digger that makes it so preferred over other diggers? I have been using in gravel driveways a tool with a pick on one side & a blade on the other side & bent the edge of an antique coaster by hitting it while digging for it by chopping at the gravel so I am exploring what tools are available. Thanks for all your helpful tips. Cathy in NC
,,,,,,,,,,,,,remember one thing cathy,,,its a HAND trowel tool,,,you cant step on it or use it like a pick,,,its for softer earth and gravel drives would be uphill usin one of those suckers,,,just buy a mini pick,,or cheap ice axe,,,or somethin like the army foldin shovel,,,it may suit you a lot better,,,rgds :ukflag:

Posted by: comcat
Date: February 17, 2012 03:26PM
yeah,,the minelab is made outa mild steel and not treated,,,its as much use as a chocolate fireguard,,,,have a go at the grass shears article i posted above this,,,they are magic in lawn and harder areas and cost $4.00 or so,,,,

Posted by: lost Hunter
Date: February 19, 2012 02:10PM
After reading all the post on a digging tool I just had to order a new Lesche today:clapping:

Jim

Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: February 19, 2012 03:56PM
The Lesche is a good quality digger but what I don't like about it is the blade is too straight for my liking. I like a bit more curve in it to help scoop the dirt out of the hole. I prefer and use a Wilcox trowel.

Posted by: Nestor Cerpa
Date: March 08, 2012 02:54AM
Like my Lesche. Went to a local machine shop to see about getting the left side serrated. Guy told me he gets about $60 an hour, and that it would probably cost over $20 to do it. Seen where others have done it themselves with a Dremel tool. May give that a try. Don't know why they made so many left handed Lesches when it would have been easy to cut both sides during manufacturing.

Posted by: AV64
Date: March 08, 2012 10:33PM
I know this is an old topic but had to say the lesche is the tool to get the job done. picked one up with a black handle for $34.00 bucks, no tax- free ship. just remember if your right handed get the left hand one & if your left handed get the right hand one. remember two diffrent sides.

Posted by: leytegirl
Date: April 13, 2012 11:16PM
some years back when i purchased a garrett detect via Kellyco i got a fre gardner trowel both sides serrated made in china but by darn it do dig and works in hard packed dirt/clay you name it evne came with the kellyco sheath so i lucked out take care all leytegirl