Findmall.com

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Seems Vaquero over Tejon
Posted by: upnorth
Date: February 29, 2012 10:05PM
I have seen thump7 pull very deep relics with his Vaq. If I had the choice over again I would save $150.00 and the additional batteries and go Vaq. But don't get me wrong, I still love my Tejon and it does have handy features. But the Vaq goes deep with the right man behind the dials. It's a good one. :thumbup:

Chris, western Canada, A.T.Pro, Tesoro Tejon

Posted by: Canewrap
Date: March 01, 2012 08:43AM
Main reason I recommend Vaquero over Tejon is that most times its a newbie asking. And, for a newbie the Vaquero is going to be easier to use and their going to be less likely to give up. However, a good Tejon in capable hands is a powerful tool and can do things that a Vaquero can't.

Posted by: upnorth
Date: March 01, 2012 11:48AM
Canewrap
Main reason I recommend Vaquero over Tejon is that most times its a newbie asking. And, for a newbie the Vaquero is going to be easier to use and their going to be less likely to give up.
However, a good Tejon in capable hands is a powerful tool and can do things that a Vaquero can't.

Interesting reply which makes me ponder. This is season 4 I believe for me and I have only used the Tejon for maybe a season and a half. I came in off of the ACE 250. I found the Tejon to be quite intimidating for a while and only felt 100% on ground balancing last summer. Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake but I have to go slow with the Tejon learning curve. I was side by side thump7 and his Vaquero in the early spring semi frozen ground. We were digging deep relics. And those that use these machines know what deep is. The ground was so saturated that holes slowly filled up with water and we were squeaking everything out of the machines. Thump7 helped me with my ground balancing which I was unsure of at times, but it was spot on. And he helped me to explore VCO mode. I don't care much for it as it seems to suck my Tejon batteries dry much quicker. But I will go that way on an exceptional site. Anyway, thump7 was digging insanely deep holes and pulling often small relics out in VCO mode while I couldn't quite match what he was doing. I have faith in the Tejon and absolutely know that I am getting much better with it but I'm nowhere near mastering it. Late last fall I pulled deep coins out of dry soil in a spot that has been pounded to death for many years previous to my arriving. But I will also concede that in thump7's hands his Vaq. went super deep and I have real respect for what the Vaq. can do in the right hands. For myself with the Tejon, I look forward to getting to the top of it's capabilities which currently exceed my skill in using it. The Tejon has already proven to me that it is highly capable and that is why I love it, and I look forward to learning how to get all of its performance potential.

Chris, western Canada, A.T.Pro, Tesoro Tejon

Posted by: allcav
Date: March 01, 2012 02:55PM
litrfree
Thanks, I know, and I do not know what is a weight of my DD 10x12 HOT, I miss box... Maybe my wife is better to say. I know that big HOT is a bit heavier than my SEF. Do anybody have info about weight of Tesoro DD 10x12 HOT, please?

regards

litrfree

The 12x10 Widescan (DD) weighs 1.3lb and the 9x8 weighs 1.02lb

Robert Martensen
tesorosupport@hotmail.com
928-771-2646

Posted by: litrfree
Date: March 02, 2012 12:39AM
Robert,
Thank you for quick reply! :smile:
litrfree

litrfree

MD

Posted by: comcat
Date: March 03, 2012 07:04AM
yeah,,had a mod,shib, and fittes 12 x 10 it is heavier to swing and you will notice the difference ,but it is only slight ,,the performance of the coil is awesome,,it also works on the wet beach and at depth too,,,i am using the standard vaq,with stock coil and it dont like the wet at all,,,,:ukflag:

Posted by: Keith Southern
Date: March 05, 2012 07:53PM
Tejon is the trump card ....I have had and used at the same time the Cibola, Vaquero.Lobo St,and the Tejon.....in open area's they are all very close...but when working the most iron infested sites imaginable the Tejon will hear target's the other's miss...and when I say other..I dont just mean the Tesoro's...But all other's...

Is it easy to do? No...it's very noisy and very tedious work,,,but I can truly say if you have a site loaded in constant barrage of iron then the tejon will pull keeper's out of there...

It has alot to do with the super sensitive circuit combined with the High freq and full range disc.....It takes some adjusting on the disc to get it right...but once it's there mark it...a tad out either way and the find's will drop....

Now there's nothing wrong with the Cibola...Vaquero... they are great machine's....but they cant get that last bit of masked tareget's in a worked out site like a Tejon can....But you have to give the tejon time ....a simple week long hunt with it will not begin to show it's full potential...

Tesoro has one of the best disc circuit's on the market...And when you couple that with extreme power it takes awhile to learn to manage it.....

It is very sparky and noisy on iron site's but get the ear tuned and the find's will come....If a machine does not let target's bleed through the disc circuit and remains TOO QUITE you are leaving by masking....

Snaps crack pops spits sputter's and anything in between all mean something once learned....

In iron infested sites only the surface has been scratched on recovery's..and anything that can give you an extra edge is worth the investment...
Well a tejon gives you the extra edge....

Just my thought's...

Keith

Posted by: Hombre
Date: March 06, 2012 06:52AM
Hi Keith,

I thought about posting my experience about the Euro Sabre that I bought from you, and give my thoughts about it in on your Euro Sabre ll post. I did'nt post anything about the Euo Sabre on that post, but I did leave a little reply about the early Bandido series. Even though the first Bandido and the next in line Bandido ll are as extinct as the dinorsaur......... they are still being bought on the used market by savvy detectorists because they work so well in the iron nails found in the better areas to hunt. Are they as deep as the Tejon? I doubt it, but then again, I never tried a Tejon. In the areas I hunt, depth does not matter with about dozen iron targets per sweep. The Bandido has the ED-120 disc. circuit that is quiet in the iron, and is the better detector for me than the Euro Sabre that I sold. The Euro Sabre is a very chattery metal detector, at least mine was. Any thoughts on this?

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 07:02AM by Hombre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login