Findmall.com

Tesoro Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
The Compadre will do just fine for field searching....
Posted by: slingshot
Date: March 02, 2012 07:44PM
Yeah, it's got a small coil. Yeah, it take a little more time. But boy, is it thorough. I went to hunt a tot lot and our schools have started a program whereby the kids are there till sometimes past 6 pm. :ranting: Well, there's an area about 3 football fields in length on the side of the playgrounds. I know- I know. Why haven't I searched it before. Well, I started out with my Ace and large coil and found myself checking all targets, so I said "dang- I might as well use the Compadre." The signals started coming so fast I couldn't sometimes put the coil on the ground when probing without hitting a signal. Dang this thing loves nickels and dimes. I don't think the ring is real-but it's thin. And a swipe or two with the coil and I had the coins pinpointed.

Re: The Compadre will do just fine for field searching....
Posted by: Wooden Nickel
Date: March 02, 2012 08:05PM
Great finds. How much?

m.....

Posted by: Hombre
Date: March 02, 2012 08:06PM
Nice haul slingshot,

Looks like you were pretty busy:detecting: Did you ever stand up or just stay on one knee? I'm thinking of using a low mechanics type stool when I get to areas like that with lots of targets, just sweep ahead of the stool while sitting and clean out a small area, then move the stool to the next area. I'm not getting any younger and my knees can only take so many get ups.

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Posted by: tabfive
Date: March 02, 2012 08:12PM
Its no joke, I love my compadre.

Posted by: slingshot
Date: March 02, 2012 08:53PM
Wooden Nickel
Great finds. How much?

m.....
Heck if I know!:crylol: Looks like about $3. I wish I had started earlier before darkness set in. I only have about 2 3/4's football field lengths to go. Plus tomorrow, I'll check the tot lot. Just shows to go ya' the prime places we overlook.

Posted by: ccclontz
Date: March 03, 2012 09:24AM
Randy I had thought of carrying digging stuff in a bucket & have one of those padded seats to put on top of the bucket on which to sit if I am getting tired. I think it might be easier on the knees & back. When my husband goes with me he detects & I do the digging! He has had back problems for 40 years. I have been pretty lucky have not had many backaches. I will say though when we have gone treasure hunting I was getting a little sore in my knee & lower back. I sat on the edge of a bucket , it helped but the seat would be much more comfortable. The bucket helps me get back up too as I can push on it to get myself up if I get down on the ground digging. Cathy

Posted by: Hombre
Date: March 04, 2012 07:26PM
Great idea ccc,

A 5 gal. bucket with a padded seat would be great on the knees and back, gotta try it.:thumbup:

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 07:31PM by Hombre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login