sand shark or seahunter markII
Posted by: flabuckrud
Date: April 12, 2012 11:10AM
can't deside which one heard very good things about both need input from owners

Steve

Re: sand shark or seahunter markII
Posted by: Smudge
Date: April 13, 2012 08:58AM
Both are good units and very sensitive. Both are built like tanks and you're probably going to want to hip or chest mount the control box.

The Sea Hunter comes with a knob marked "Discrimination". Ridiculous. It's a PI unit. There is no discrimination. Never understood that one.

The Sand Shark comes with an external volume control knob. Only the Tesoro and Detectorpro PI units have this feature. All other units require you open the control box to get to the volume control. This one advantage is critical because it allows you to easily set the volume to your particular environment on that particular day with greater ease. Believe me, that feature alone is a big plus for the Sand Shark.

Otherwise, they both get incredible depth, so buy yourself a good, large sand scoop because you're gonna need it!

Happy hunting!

De-activated at members request

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2012 09:02AM by Smudge.

Posted by: donlor4u
Date: April 13, 2012 10:20AM
i love my shark it's so easy to use
battery life is fantastic
depth is great
warranty & service is the best

Posted by: leytegirl
Date: April 13, 2012 11:20PM
also for the mark2 here we set at # 1 only ( california l.a. area beaches ) works great have had no problems last three years .. and yes both units are very good.. priced right and will kick the butts off a minelab P.I. as well as those are dainty as all heck

take care leytegirl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login