Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tough question for multiple machine owners.
Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 17, 2016 07:59AM
Pretty hard to decide. But if you had to limit yourself to only 2 beep and dig machine's, which two ?
Another way to ask this question. If you were limited to only 2,which ones?

Myself I would keep my Pulse Induction Infinium. Second I would trade up my Compardre for a Golden uMax.

Re: Tough question for multiple machine owners.
Posted by: BarryL
Date: December 17, 2016 08:07AM
Tejon and my Trusty little Shadow X2

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 17, 2016 08:19AM
Deus and Nexus MP,the Deus because it does most of my everyday detecting trashy sites and the Nexus MP because of the amazing depth and can handle extreme mineral ground conditions as well :thumbup:

Deus and Nexus MP-Beauty and the Beast.

Main machines that i use for specific site use T2-DFX-IDX Pro-Nexus SE-TDI Pro Pulse-Mirage Pulse-Crossbow Pulse-Fisher TW-5 twin box-Arado 120b-Trident11 Extreme-and a few others.

Posted by: pinenut
Date: December 17, 2016 09:11PM
Tough question as I'm limited to Tesoros, and they're all pretty good.

Of the current models.. probably Outlaw and... maybe Tejon.
It is a tough descision, as I also like ALL of their other current land units that I've tried. The only current Tesoro land units I haven't tried, are the Silver and Lobo ST.

Of all the Tesoros I've tried though, including the older units.. My picks are Bandido II μMAX and... Outlaw....or maybe Eldorado..or..

Dirty Old Digger

Posted by: fltacoma
Date: December 17, 2016 10:33PM
Easy one. For Tesoro's only (since that is only what I own), a Bandido II Umax and a Tejon. Also as a back up to the back up, a Compadre. We at least have to have a back up to the back up! Haha

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 17, 2016 11:36PM
CTX-Cibola/Compadre

AJ

Mojave
Signum MFT
Berkut-5
Etrac
MX5
Gold Racer
Compadre 7" Concentric
Compadre 7" Widescan
Outlaw
Compadre coil change out mod+sens
F19
CTX3030
Cibola

Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeB5sDealI

World Turned Upside Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsuNtEuZxI

Ghost Story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-XXX3dnlVc

"Long Live The Chief" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

More coils than any sane person would need.

Machines are not in order of preference !! I can't read big blocks of writing , so the enter key is a good tool.

I share my experience of my detecting both the good and not so good both on and off the field, not here to keep everyone happy, just share my experience! if it helps someone that's great, if not that's great too--- so take what you need and leave the rest !

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: December 20, 2016 11:44AM
Well out of my tesoros,
Bandido II micromax and compadre.

It's odd but yes I'd keep my compadre over my others.

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD
Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD
:tesoro: Deleon-Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8" stock,
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75" stock,
:tesoro: Bandido II Ųmax 4", 5.75", 7", 8" concentrics
:tesoro: Outlaw w/ 3 coil pack,
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/toggle mod 9X8",
:tesoro: Vaquero 9x8 stock
:tesoro: Cutlass Umax 8" donut
Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, my bare hands

Posted by: Welgund
Date: December 20, 2016 06:48PM
I am down to 4 tesoros, pinenut owns the rest.lol. if I could only keep two though I would keep either the Vaquero or Tejon and 5.75 compadre.

Posted by: Miser67
Date: December 20, 2016 07:43PM
Sand Shark and Compadre.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: December 20, 2016 11:30PM
I've got enough detectors to make this a hard choice, but here goes. Either my Vaquero or my Eldorado umax and my Deleon.. Probably the Eldo and the Deleon because of coil compatibility.
Luvsdux

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

Posted by: Miser67
Date: December 21, 2016 08:28AM
BarberBill
I've got enough detectors to make this a hard choice, but here goes. Either my Vaquero or my Eldorado umax and my Deleon.. Probably the Eldo and the Deleon because of coil compatibility.
Luvsdux

I am looking at a DeLeon. Would you tell me why you like yours so much, apart from coil compatibility with your Eldorado?

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: Sneakyweasel
Date: December 21, 2016 11:36PM
Bandido II and my TDI.

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: December 21, 2016 11:45PM
I like the DeLeon for a number of reasons. The display is larger than the Cortes, the tid is as accurate as any other I've played with, the light weight makes it pleasant to swing, the depth is surprising and the battery life is generous. The most common negatives I've seen are the facts that it is a factory preset ground balance.and doesn't offer quite as much into as the Cortes, ie copper pennies, silver, + clad coins all register a solid "95" so you may be retrieving a penny, dime, quarter or hopefully a half or dollar for that indication. However, it displays nickels and zinc pennies separately and well. Also, I generally have no problem in the parks, sport fields, etc. that I usually hunt as the soil is mild enough that the ground balance is no problem, but if I need to, I can always grab the Eldorado. I've done pretty well with the DeLeon mainly because it's so much fun to swing so I use it alot. For those that have one, I'll pass on two tips. One - you may find you do better with the sensitivity set in the 7-8 range and if you get repeatable bouncing indications that favor different coin values that don't settle down to one value, be sure to dig. More often than you would expect it will turn out that the coil was swinging over a coin spill.
BB

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

Posted by: Aqua Mike
Date: December 22, 2016 01:18AM
My Troy Shadow X5, because its my deepest machine

and my Diablo Umax. Both are great detectors

Posted by: Dancer
Date: December 22, 2016 03:59AM
Aqua Mike
My Troy Shadow X5, because its my deepest machine

and my Diablo Umax. Both are great detectors

Ahhh, those Troys must be something. Can't recall reading much anything but praise for them.

Dancer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login