Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Lobo Super Traq
Posted by: fltacoma
Date: December 21, 2016 05:04PM
I was talking to one of the representatives of a big metal detector comany about Tesoro and he said that the deepest machine besides the Tejon was the Lobo Super Traq. I was a little surprised to hear him say that those machines are pretty good at relic hunting. Do any of you guys/gals own one and if so, do you use it for relic hunting?

Re: Lobo Super Traq
Posted by: WV62
Date: December 21, 2016 05:46PM
I had a Lobo ST and I now have a Tejon and neither have been used for relic hunting. I am a coin and inland jewelry hunter.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: December 21, 2016 06:19PM
They are both 17+ kHz detectors which is a good frequency for relic hunting.

Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F5
Macro Racer 2
Macro Gold Racer
Omega 8000 V4
Amigo II 5.75
Cibola GB Mod
Golden uMax/Sweeper

Posted by: fltacoma
Date: December 21, 2016 06:21PM
Hmm. Now the wheels are turning if I want to buy one or not....the wife is the gonna like this!

What I have in the aresnal:

Tesoro Cibola w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Silver Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 5.75" coil
Tesoro Bandido II Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Deleon w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Cortes w/9x8 coil
Tesoro Outlaw w/ 3 coil pack
Tesoro Tejon w/ 9x8 coil

Future Additions:

???????

What can I say, I am a die hard Tesoro man :)

Posted by: WV62
Date: December 21, 2016 07:11PM
Just for me, the Lobo ST was a good machine but the deal breaker for me was auto ground tracking, it was only active in all metal. So being a coin hunter and pretty much running disc and GB is pre set from the factory in disc.

The way I looked at the Lobo ST was it is mainly for gold prospecting. So I sold my Lobo ST and bought the Tejon which has manual GB that carries over into disc, which is more in line with my coin hunting.

If I was in gold country I would be all over the the Lobo ST, but no gold in WV.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Texadillo
Date: December 22, 2016 09:02AM
I have one that I used in Arizona for nugget shooting and it came in handy relic hunting around the TRASHY mining camps. I'm not crazy about the preset GB while in discriminate mode but it can help (under most conditions) in picking out non-ferrous signals from the ferrous trash! You can find some neat relics around mining camps but it would be tough with an All-Metal only gold detector. Granted it is certainly an older unit but it can still find the goods if you swing the coil over them. Here back in Texas I have used the LST a few times relic hunting while in discriminate mode and its gets good depth here in this mild soil. Out west I use to always see if I could catch it tracking out small metal while in All-Metal tracking mode...I never could as long as the ground minerals weren't too much for a VLF type detector!

Experiencing the adventure a lot of times will be your best find!

Unlike the common armadillo...I cover my holes and leave no trace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login