Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Update on the Cortez, Outlaw, and Deleon!
Posted by: fltacoma
Date: January 07, 2017 02:25PM
I just got off the phone with Rusty a little while ago. He is quite knowledgeable and was a delight to talk to! He said that the Deleon didn't have any problems, and that the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth. The Cortes did however have a faulty on/off switch, and was replaced free of charge. He is gonna be mailing it back on Monday. He has to work today to catch up on some work (he is the only one at the factory today). Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha). He did say that they acknowledge that they have to bring out a new machine, and that one will be released here possibly either this year or next year, so I can officially say that a new detector will be coming out!

What I have in the aresnal:

Tesoro Cibola w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Silver Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 5.75" coil
Tesoro Bandido II Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Deleon w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Cortes w/9x8 coil
Tesoro Outlaw w/ 3 coil pack
Tesoro Tejon w/ 9x8 coil

Future Additions:

???????

What can I say, I am a die hard Tesoro man :)

Re: Update on the Cortez, Outlaw, and Deleon!
Posted by: walnut
Date: January 07, 2017 03:20PM
That is good news.

Christian Thorsten, the guy who wrote the popular book "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero Metal Detectors", said that "the Vaquero might be the very best metal detector available anywhere at any price, due to its depth and stability".
So, if that is even at all close to the truth, it is kinda easy to see why they might not offer a new design every year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2017 03:21PM by walnut.

Date: January 07, 2017 03:25PM
I can't argue with you on that. I need to get a copy of that book! I tried emailing him, but he didn't respond...

Posted by: Welgund
Date: January 07, 2017 04:47PM
You can get the book on amazon

Date: January 07, 2017 05:23PM
True but if there was a way to get it for free.......

Posted by: walnut
Date: January 07, 2017 05:30PM
It's worth the 10$, if it helps you find one nice trinket. He put a lot of time and knowledge into it.

It downloads to your phone and you can read it on the free Kindle app. I don't usually like reading books on computers but that way is not bad.

Date: January 07, 2017 07:02PM
Ah ok.

EMI...?
Posted by: pinenut
Date: January 08, 2017 01:37AM
fltacoma
....the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth.....Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha)...

I had a feeling that EMI may have been the issue with your 12x10. It's a big, sensitive antenna.
I've only talked with Rusty once, when I sent a Vaquero in for the high-tone mod. I agree; he's a good guy to talk with, as is Allan. It took exactly one week from the day I shipped my Vaquero, for it to return to me with the mod and a full check up. Tesoro has awesome service that's hard to find these days...!!

Tesoro does have a small stack of warranty cards with my name on em... I haven't yet needed to send any in for actual repairs though; just wanted my Vaquero converted to high-tone (which I like much better). :biggrin:

one more wheatie..

Re: EMI...?
Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: January 09, 2017 03:38PM
pinenut
fltacoma
....the 12x10 has to be far away from EMI in order to not hear the fluctuations and for it in order to run smooth.....Rusty also said that I was the only customer in his 25+ years to send in five warranty cards, and was astounded that I have so many Tesoro's (I don't think he has talked to pinenut haha)...

I had a feeling that EMI may have been the issue with your 12x10. It's a big, sensitive antenna.
I've only talked with Rusty once, when I sent a Vaquero in for the high-tone mod. I agree; he's a good guy to talk with, as is Allan. It took exactly one week from the day I shipped my Vaquero, for it to return to me with the mod and a full check up. Tesoro has awesome service that's hard to find these days...!!

Tesoro does have a small stack of warranty cards with my name on em... I haven't yet needed to send any in for actual repairs though; just wanted my Vaquero converted to high-tone (which I like much better). :biggrin:
Will they still do this mod?

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Date: January 09, 2017 05:51PM
Stoof-tabsallday
pinenut
fltacoma

For you,...of course. :tongue:
All you need to do is include a $15 check (or $50 if not original owner), and it'll come back a high-tone. Same for Cibola - I prefer the high-tone Cibola, too.
If you want to have it done, email Allan or Rusty and ask 'em about it.

one more wheatie..

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: January 09, 2017 07:33PM
pinenut
Stoof-tabsallday
pinenut
fltacoma

All you need to do is include a $15 check (or $50 if not original owner), and it'll come back a high-tone. Same for Cibola - I prefer the high-tone Cibola, too.
I don't have either of their emails. I usually call to talk to Allen and rusty called me last when I sent the Deleon in.
But if you could message me their emails, that would be great!!
And I can't send my cibola or they'd put it back to stock and that would cost quite a bit because I modded mine. :-)
My Deleon is running great though now!!

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: January 09, 2017 11:46PM
Glad you got the problems figured out.
BB

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

high-tone Vaquero & Cibola..
Date: January 10, 2017 09:12PM
Stoof-tabsallday
pinenut
Stoof-tabsallday
pinenut
fltacoma

I don't have either of their emails. I usually call to talk to Allen and rusty called me last when I sent the Deleon in.
But if you could message me their emails, that would be great!!...

Stoof, I sent you a PM.
You can also call Tesoro and ask about it. For anyone who didn't see an email for 'em, you should be able to get hold of Allan here - support@tesoro.com - and Rusty should be here - repair@tesoro.com
Allan is pretty quick to answer most email questions... Unless you're asking about new Tesoro products... ;)

one more wheatie..

Date: January 14, 2017 12:31AM
They arrived yesterday in tip top condition and are fully assembled now with a note from rusty saying that he enjoyed the conversation that we had. Such a nice person to talk to!

Posted by: pimadoddz
Date: January 22, 2017 09:20AM
Hi, I have a problem with my Tesoro Outlow, I need to buy new retune button. Where can I buy it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login