Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
10" Coil Value
Posted by: ME2dig
Date: May 05, 2017 04:59PM
Anyone have an idea on the value of a 10" (10.5" with cover) 12khz coil with 8' cable? Fits the Silver Sabre Plus/Silver Sabre 11...May also fit others.

Re: 10" Coil Value
Posted by: Whimpster
Date: May 05, 2017 07:13PM
If you talking the 10.5" donut concentric coil their not made anymore..they are rare as rocking horse poop to find.
If your lucky you may find a used one...most of the lads hang onto them..I bought a used one from the UK and paid a premium for it:)
If your looking to sell one....guess you could name your price.. seen them go for $80.00 to $150.00..always someone looking for one.

Whimp.

HH.

ME2dig
Anyone have an idea on the value of a 10" (10.5" with cover) 12khz coil with 8' cable? Fits the Silver Sabre Plus/Silver Sabre 11...May also fit others.

Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted by: hihosilver
Date: May 06, 2017 11:37PM
I was fortunate enough to find and buy a new 10.5 for my Outlaw, when I owned one. Well, anyways, I found the 10.5 to be very nose heavy, noticeably so, and the depth was not all that much greater than the the 8" concentric. I can see why Tesoro stopped making them.

Present machines: Golden uMax, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett pro-pointer
Past Machines: Bounty Hunter 840, Tesoro Outlaw
Oldest US Coin find: 1839 seated half dime (AU condition)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 11:38PM by hihosilver.

Posted by: pinenut
Date: May 07, 2017 12:45AM
hihosilver
I was fortunate enough to find and buy a new 10.5 for my Outlaw, when I owned one. Well, anyways, I found the 10.5 to be very nose heavy, noticeably so, and the depth was not all that much greater than the the 8" concentric. I can see why Tesoro stopped making them.

At least it looks good.. :thumbup:

one more wheatie..

Posted by: ME2dig
Date: May 07, 2017 09:50AM
Thanks to all for the response. Originally trying to determine the $ value but now have other questions. I do have this coil that was purchased along with a SS+ back around 1990. It obviously is an early version & is a 5 pin measuring 10.25" or 10.5" with scuff. In the manual Tesoro calls it an 11". My SS+ & SS11 both use this 12Khz coil. Is this the same or a different coil than the newer 10.5"? If the same, will it work on the newer Epsilon series 10khz, 10.6khz detectors & the Mojave which is 12khz? I keep seeing where it is extremely rare but don't understand why unless it is different. I purchased the coil to make one of the Sabre's into a wader somewhat like the underwater Silver Turtle of the day. Decided against it since I had other equipment that fit my needs better plus I bought a Stingray in 1992. The coil has been stored for years with very little use. When I saw it the other day, when looking for something else, I got it out, tested it & then got curious.
Whimpster: Liked your comment on the rocking horse poop (muck)....brought a chuckle. Had horses most of my life....Still have seven.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 07, 2017 09:53AM
if it fits it will work on 5 pin Tesoro's :biggrin:

AJ

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: May 08, 2017 06:24PM
I've had one for years and it does indeed make the detector nose heavy for very little gain in depth.
BB

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login