Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Just bought a Compadre today can't wait to get it!!
Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: May 06, 2017 08:33PM
Ok so I have been wanting one for several years. Had a couple of amigo's but never a compadre. I sold a few as a dealer but never really hunted with one. So today while searching on that big auction site I got a used one with the 5.75" coil. The cool thing about it is that this fellow has already modded it to accept all 5 pin tesoro coils. So I can put whatever one I want to on it. I am a big fan of the spoke style 8x9 tesoro coil. So anyways I am planning on keeping it in the car and just having it handy for whenever the opportunity arises. I actually thought about selling everything and just going with the compadre for a few years and see what stacks up on the finds with it. I know a lot of people just use a compadre and it fits their every need. I am not sure if I fit in that category just yet as I do like some other ID units. But just for fun I have never hunted with one and am looking forward to it. Just sharing my excitement!!

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Re: Just bought a Compadre today can't wait to get it!!
Posted by: wheatymike
Date: May 06, 2017 10:10PM
I've had a couple. They run quiet in iron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 10:11PM by wheatymike.

Posted by: slingshot
Date: May 06, 2017 10:27PM
While I usually run mine to just reject small nails, my most enjoyable "fun" hunt was setting the discrimination where tabs just crack!e. Found the heck outta quarters and dimes in a high trash area that notch detectors missed.

Posted by: JMC
Date: May 07, 2017 08:54AM
You'll enjoy the Compadre. I love being able to just turn it on and head out. Thumb the knob for details and dig the sounds that come through solid and clear. Makes for a productive simple hunt when time is at a premium.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 07, 2017 09:50AM
excitement is good :bouncy: enjoy...

AJ

Posted by: CoinShooter-Craig
Date: May 07, 2017 11:27AM
I ordered a new one early last week, but they are on backorder right now. Kinda bummed because it's for my daughter and I wanted to get her out detecting soon before all the vegatation grows up in a few areas that I wanted to take her. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. Must be a popular unit.

I tried bidding on a used one on eBay that came with a set of Koss headphones, but I gave up when it got to the point when I figured I was better off with a new one with a warranty. It ended up selling for around $130. After that I gave up and just ordered a new one. For some reason when it comes to eBay for me in most cases - I sell something and no one bids on it until the auction is about to end and it sells for my asking price or just slightly above or I bid on something and it turns into a bidding war that I drop out of. I never score any deals on eBay.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 11:37AM by CoinShooter-Craig.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 07, 2017 11:34AM
anti excitement :throw: fingers crossed for a quick back order !

AJ

Date: May 07, 2017 11:36AM
amberjack
anti excitement :throw: fingers crossed for a quick back order !

AJ

Thanks AJ! Mine are crossed too!! ;)

Posted by: ken ward
Date: May 07, 2017 01:36PM
WOW,, You are going to love it. They are so much fun to use. You just turn it on , and get at it. That quick.

One thing,, DO NOT put your head phones on before you turn it on. That beep will blow your brains out..

After a while you will understand them beeps. You will here us talk about how it talks to you.

Have fun and post some pictures for us.

If you have any questions, There are a bunch on here that can help..

KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: May 07, 2017 03:03PM
There are many dealers that have them right now....
Kellyco has them both versions with free shipping...

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 03:06PM by Stoof-tabsallday.

Date: May 07, 2017 05:33PM
Stoof-tabsallday
There are many dealers that have them right now....
Kellyco has them both versions with free shipping...

Thanks for the info, but there is a dealer here on findmall that I deal with exclusively due to my extremely positive transactions in the past when I used to purchase detectors quite frequently. Those days are done of buying 'the latest & greatest', but any detectors or assecories I need I buy from him. I guess if I stumbled on something that I thought was an extremely good deal that I couldn't pass up - it may be a different story. ;)

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: May 07, 2017 06:21PM
Ahh i understand. I'm the same way with some things myself.
Well it will be worth the wait. No bells and whistles, but just awesome performance, especially for the price

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: JMC
Date: May 07, 2017 06:43PM
I checked this thread earlier today and it inspired me to hit the yard across the street with the Compadre. Nothing earth shattering but I did manage a half dozen pre 1980 pennies, a sterling sliver spoon, and a bunch of pull tabs. Loads of fun and a nice relaxing hour spent digging stuff. Great little machine.

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 07, 2017 06:50PM
I bought a Compadre some years back,its OK'ish as a detector that one can keep in the back of my detecting truck just incase someone needs a backup machine,but as mine came with the 5 pin coil conversion i have the small 4'' coil mounted on it all the time and use it as a deep pinpointer when detecting on pasture sites with the TDI Pro,use it more as a pinpointer than a detector if i am honest.So it earns its keep and also use it for river crossing sites also with the 4'' coil on as i can get in between the rocks after the roman votive offering to the water gods.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: May 07, 2017 10:00PM
JMC
I checked this thread earlier today and it inspired me to hit the yard across the street with the Compadre. Nothing earth shattering but I did manage a half dozen pre 1980 pennies, a sterling sliver spoon, and a bunch of pull tabs. Loads of fun and a nice relaxing hour spent digging stuff. Great little machine.

Hey this is awesome and inspiring to me. You got a silver spoon and that is cool. I am really looking forward to it now, especially since I see everyones responses to this thread. I was thinking of the mojave but am seeing a mixed batch with that model. I am glad to I am getting the compadre.

CoinShooter-Craig I hope your wait is not long either. I know how the ebay thing goes as I fool around with it too. This one was a buy it now and after I saw it could change coils, the temptation got the best of me. The same day a friend called me and has a mojave for sale. I still may take a look at it but I will probably pass. I really want to give it a try.

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login