Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Just bought a Compadre today can't wait to get it!!
Posted by: CoinShooter-Craig
Date: June 01, 2017 04:30PM
My 8 year old daughter finally got her back-ordered Compadre last week Wednesday. Since I work 2nd shift I wasn't able to get her out until this past weekend. What an awesome machine for the price!! We detected our yard (my house is pretty old for a Wisconsin home - our house title says 'Date Unknown') and my Grandparents old cabin about 1/2 an hour away which now belongs to my Aunt. Between the two properties we found a Walking Liberty half (1942), a Mercury Dime (1944), a Buffalo Nickle (192?), two Indian Head cents (1908 & 1901) and one Wheatie (1946). Plus a few modern coins. I was running the disc just above iron just to increase our odds of finding gold jewellery. I did find a small broach type item with three clear stones on it that I need to get checked out. One amazing thing about the Compadre - its recovery time. After a while I got to know every time that I was going to dig a pull tab because of the quick double-beep that I would get from the ring of the pull tab, and also from where the signal dropped out when I thumbed up the discrimination. I dug them all anyways just in case the double-beep was from a ring. My daughter and I had a real good time detecting together, and I'm looking forward to many more adventures with her.
She did give one of the Indian cents to her cousin of the same age who hasn't found any old coins with his detector yet. He's the reason that she wanted to get one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2017 04:43PM by CoinShooter-Craig.

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: June 01, 2017 05:17PM
Wow!! You have some good hunting ground there!!
Nice finds!!!
And I agree the compadre is great if your ground is ok!!!

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Date: June 01, 2017 05:38PM
Stoof-tabsallday
Wow!! You have some good hunting ground there!!
Nice finds!!!
And I agree the compadre is great if your ground is ok!!!

Thanks Stefan. I forgot to mention that my other daughter (12 years old) also helped us out. Now I may have to get her one. lol ;) We dug all repeatable signals foil on up. The girls didn't mind digging junk because they were just excited / curious to see what was in the ground that the detector picked up on. Hopefully they keep that attitude and we can find some gold rings / jewelry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2017 05:38PM by CoinShooter-Craig.

Date: June 01, 2017 05:43PM
Good luck!! You have great hunting property so far!! You found more old coins in that one hunt then j do in a year haha

Stefan (Michigan)

Lots of coils

Tools:

Date: June 01, 2017 05:53PM
Stoof-tabsallday
Good luck!! You have great hunting property so far!! You found more old coins in that one hunt then j do in a year haha

Thanks. Well, it was multiple hunts over a long holiday weekend (Plus I took a day of vacation Tuesday to make it longer, but got rained out most of the day).

Posted by: Sohnegirl2008
Date: June 02, 2017 08:49AM
I ordered one as well and it's out for delivery today!!! I'm new to this forum and I like it. I did get mine from a new so it is not modded out to except other coils so that's neat you have that option. I only came to this hobby a year ago and I decided on an ace 250. I thought I liked the VDI until I had to sent in for repair and was without a detector so I borrowed my 8 year olds bounty hunter gold digger (analog only). I loved that thing so much! I had more success and liked less distractions so now I'm trying the compadre

Date: June 02, 2017 08:56AM
Mine is out for delivery today! I'm Excited. I only came to this hobby a year ago and I decided on an ace 250. But after I needed it to send it into Garrett for a repair and needed a detectior to use I turned to my sons bounty Hunter Golddigger Junior which is an analog only. I had so much fun with that thing in a lot more success I think because there is less distractions with the ID screen and for me I needed less. So I'm really looking forward to try the compadre and I guess can use my ace for a switch out or loaner.

Date: June 02, 2017 08:58AM
Sorry I had posted twice couldn't figure out how to fare it and thought my first message wasn't there

Date: June 02, 2017 05:29PM
Sohnegirl2008
Sorry I had posted twice couldn't figure out how to fare it and thought my first message wasn't there

No worries. It happens. :D Nothing against Garret as they make fine detectors, but I would take the Compadre any day over any ACE model. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure that you will enjoy the simplicity and effectiveness of the Compadre. There is a very short learning curve to it. The first couple times out with it I personally recommend setting the disc at or just above foil and dig every repeatable signal, but be sure to thumb the disc to see where the target drops out. It worked well for me my 1st couple times out to learn the language of the Compadre. Maybe some people with more time with the Compadre has better advice for you. Just get out there and have fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 05:30PM by CoinShooter-Craig.

Date: June 03, 2017 03:41PM
Thanks for the tips Craig. I wil try that. I have a hard time not digging a target im so OCD! I'm afraid I might miss something good.

Date: June 03, 2017 03:43PM
Let us know how you like the simple powerhouse compadre!!!
:-)
Great machine.
First day using my 8" one was the last day I touched my ace 350. It was live at first beep.

Stefan (Michigan)

Lots of coils

Tools:

Date: June 04, 2017 02:03PM
Sohnegirl2008
Thanks for the tips Craig. I wil try that. I have a hard time not digging a target im so OCD! I'm afraid I might miss something good.

I'm kinda the same way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login