Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Outlaw with 9x8 Concentric, Coil Question?
Posted by: flysar
Date: May 07, 2017 11:22PM
I may pick up a used Outlaw with a 9x8 coil.
I've never the 9x8 coil on a Epsilon unit so I'm curious how they compare to the 8" donut.
I sold my Outlaw a few yrs back and only used the 5.75, 8, 12x10, 11x8, and clean sweep coils; my favorites being the 8, 5.75, and clean sweep.

Re: Outlaw with 9x8 Concentric, Coil Question?
Posted by: pinenut
Date: May 07, 2017 11:26PM
9x8 feels a little heavier to me than the 8" donut, and the spokes get caught on twigs. Otherwise, it works about the same as the 8".

one more wheatie..

Posted by: JJdigs
Date: May 08, 2017 05:56PM
I loved my 8x9 on my cibola and Vaquero !

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: May 08, 2017 06:14PM
I've switched those coils back and forth fairly often and in my opinion I got just slightly more depth out of the 8"donut. However, the difference was so slight that it wouldn't justify buying the 8" for that reason.
BB

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

Posted by: flysar
Date: May 08, 2017 11:46PM
Thanks all for the info. I'm meeting up with the seller tomorrow and will probably come home with an Outlaw!

good machine, but a bit tricky..
Posted by: pinenut
Date: May 09, 2017 01:03AM
flysar
Thanks all for the info. I'm meeting up with the seller tomorrow and will probably come home with an Outlaw!

Congratulations!

They're a good machine once you learn 'em, but a little quirky. Read as much as you can about the Outlaw...
Remember to "retune" it after you make any knob adjustments..Just lift coil a couple feet off ground then fully push in and release button, or toggle to auto then back to disc. Either will retune it in a couple seconds.
Learn Monte's "power balance", and set your ground balance slightly negative. In highly mineralized areas, you'll likely want to run sensitivity down below the maximum and GB a bit negative for good response on larger, shallow coins; at least that's how mine seems to work best.

BTW, if working trashy areas, the 5.75" coil is highly recommended.

one more wheatie..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login