Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Clean Sweep Coil Question
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: May 09, 2017 06:35PM
Does this coil detect the full length in both modes, or just in discrimination or all metal...Safe to say it will detect to about 4 inches in depth...

Re: Clean Sweep Coil Question
Posted by: Whimpster
Date: May 10, 2017 05:14AM
Yes it does....and will average 4" to 5" in depth with my Golden ┬ÁMax...great coil for parks and athletic fields.

Whimp.

HH,

Happy_Hour
Does this coil detect the full length in both modes, or just in discrimination or all metal...Safe to say it will detect to about 4 inches in depth...

Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Clean Sweep Coil Question
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: May 13, 2017 12:56AM
I have only ran it on a B2uMax, but had no problems down to 6"... but my soil is very mild and I have only ran it a few times this spring, and the ground was never dried out like it will be mid-summer. Seems to track across its entire length in both modes, at least I haven't noticed anything different . I use the heel/toe for pinpointing and it's very accurate... I flipped mine 180*, and it helped with balance... a great coil especially for short hunts.... covers a lot of ground, and becsuse its not too deep, popping shallow targets out is quick and easy. There are lots of places where digging deep would be unacceptable... The last time I used mine I scanned an area with it just to get a feel for trash and coin concentrations, got promising results, so I switched to a deeper detector and coil combo and rechecked the area with good success.... it's a keeper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login