Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tesoro Max Boost
Posted by: fematrailer
Date: May 26, 2017 12:23PM
Since I received my Bandido 2 micro max I am learning from the owners manual about this Max Boost. It sounds like Garrett 's Power Master. Can anyone give me some info about Max Boost ?

Re: Tesoro Max Boost
Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: May 26, 2017 02:15PM
It's what all tesoros have which is the red area above 10 on the sensitivity knob.
At least I think.
I think bandido series was just the first to put it on and now all of them have it.

Edit:
After a little looking it's a Micromax design characteristic. On all micromax's from then on I guess.
Silver sabre umax had it as well as my cutlass umax. As far as I can tell all umax detectors have it.
I
Quote:
the Max Boost will allow you to increase the power to the operational amplifiers to the point of overload.
This may cause your detector to become unstable and force you to turn the SENSITIVITY knob to a lower setting. An overload situation will not hurt your detector, but it will maximize the gain that is used by your detector. This can, in certain conditions such as low mineralization in the soil, cause your detector to penetrate deeper into the ground and become more sensitive to small targets.

Just an amplified gain to go to the highest point the electronics will allow

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 02:20PM by Stoof-tabsallday.

Date: May 26, 2017 03:36PM
Wow. That's pretty cool. Thanks

Posted by: BarberBill
Date: May 29, 2017 01:24PM
For whatever reason, I see a much more noticeable boost when in the red on my Vaquero versus my Umax detectors.
BB

North Idaho - A bunch of Tesoros, 3 Whites, Gray Ghosts, Sunray probe
If you don't dig it, you'll never know!

Posted by: pinenut
Date: May 29, 2017 01:31PM
BarberBill
For whatever reason, I see a much more noticeable boost when in the red on my Vaquero versus my Umax detectors.
BB

Same here. I think Tesoro improved on the signal amplification circuit of their later detectors.

one more wheatie..

Date: May 29, 2017 01:57PM
I bought a new Vaquero also and super tuning makes it scream. Ground balance and then 1/4 turn to the left makes it screams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login