Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Compadre outing...
Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 10, 2017 01:10PM
Pickings have been slim so I just took my lil' Compadre out. Started out as usual, one penny at first school.:sadwalk:. Second school offered a glimmer of hope- 3 quarters and a dime. The last school I almost just drove on by- I had searched there last week. As I was driving away, I thought well 5 days had passed and I DID bypass one end of the play field and maybe I could at least break the $1 barrier.:shrug: After finding 21ยข in the playground, I headed out for the missed end of the ballfield. A nickel at 2" was some relief. Then I hit a quarter- then 3 of them in a hole! Well, for bad times, it was alright.

Re: Compadre outing...
Posted by: SkiWhiz
Date: June 10, 2017 05:37PM
Good job, even though we have some hunts that don't put alot of money in our pockets the fun of the hunt is priceless.

Posted by: Daddy
Date: June 10, 2017 05:47PM
Hey, it all adds up! At least you got out to hunt. I like finding quarter spills. :detecting:

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard, and deep.

Posted by: Electricfrontporch
Date: June 10, 2017 06:04PM
Any hunt with the lil compadre is a good one in my book!!!

Posted by: slingshot
Date: June 10, 2017 07:10PM
The dark quarter seems to have been there for a while and I wish I had lowered to a/m to see if iron was under it. It gave a coin size signal, but there was that little "skip" throughout the whole signal. Could have been why it was missed by other detectors. Looks like I'll be using it for a while now.:tesoro:
BTW, I was at the "r" in "iron"-my favorite setting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 07:13PM by slingshot.

Posted by: Old California
Date: June 10, 2017 08:54PM
Excellent!

Nothing wrong with these finds, these are the funnest types if hunts out there with non metered detectors.

Congratulations,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Posted by: ken ward
Date: June 11, 2017 01:15PM
Just glad you got out to kill some time. Been a while since I been out. Been remodeling the kitchen.
It sure screws up my detecting time. I might have to do like you did. Just go and have some fun.. KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: Gannon
Date: June 13, 2017 08:57PM
Any time you can find coins is a great time! Thanks for posting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login