Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Calling all Mojave users.........
Posted by: Ivan
Date: July 07, 2017 06:00PM
Thinking of getting a Mojave...but also the 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil............................will it work on the Mojave??? Will that coil work on a detector running at 12KHZ? If so what kind of depth would such a combo get??? I would like to use it for hunting large areas such as sports fields. Final thought ....how would you pinpoint with it?

Re: Calling all Mojave users.........
Posted by: Architex
Date: July 07, 2017 09:06PM
I had one on a Vaquero. Worked great and was perfect for athletic fields. Most coils go as deep as their least width, in this case 3", maybe 4". Most stuff on currently used athletic fields is shallow.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Old California
Date: July 07, 2017 09:26PM
Hello Ivan,

I've never used a 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil, but read positive comments from those that use them on other Tesoros.

With the Mojave, you may want to call Tesoro because with the Mojave some coils may throw off the ground balance due to having preset GB. Could be wrong, and having a clean sweep coil on a Mojave sounds great especially for gold jewelry hunting.

Let us know if it can work with a stock Mojave, if it can not what a neat setup.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2017 09:29PM by Old California.

Posted by: REVIER
Date: July 08, 2017 10:06AM
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2370956,2370956

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: Carlos (CA)
Date: July 10, 2017 09:46AM
Ivan
Thinking of getting a Mojave...but also the 3"X 18" Cleansweep Coil............................will it work on the Mojave??? Will that coil work on a detector running at 12KHZ? If so what kind of depth would such a combo get??? I would like to use it for hunting large areas such as sports fields. Final thought ....how would you pinpoint with it?

Yes, The cleansweep works absolutely fine on my Mojave, it's a delightful set up. I hunt non-mineralized school yards, and a I get very decent depth, about the same as the 8 donut which I also use on the Mojave. Standard school yard depth on coins in my area(s) is between 3-7 inches, both donut and clean sweep.
I haven't compared the stock 7 coil against the clean sweep yet.

Happy Hunting!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login