Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Kinda sad pic....
Posted by: slingshot
Date: July 08, 2017 01:30PM
The Royal Sabre has been setting in the back of my parked van for months- I just plain forgot about it! Well, I saw it and the pitiful shape it's in and decided to take it out. I use the split tone function, so the discriminate knob has set in the lowest position so long it's frozen.:sadwalk: Last year I cut out a (pitiful) piece of metal so I could mount it to the pole.:stars:. Well, I found out it still had all the great Tesoro characteristics. The dimes are glazed and were on the surface and I guess I missed them last week with my other detector, but the quick reset let me know they were there, so I guess some newly dropped coins DO give a narrow signal. The dark quarter was next to a large signal, but I gotTWO beeps instead of one- great separation! Thought about sending it in for a refurbish, but would probably cost quite a bit.:@unsure:. Hope you enjoy.:shrug: PS. Left outside for a pic and it started raining on it!
:rage:q11

Re: Kinda sad pic....
Posted by: Daddy
Date: July 08, 2017 02:02PM
:nono: I'm afraid that this has gone just a little too far, Slingshot. I'm going to have to report you to P.E.T.T. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Tesoros').

- or -

How about you send that Sabre to me, and I'll forget all about the abuse? :thumbup:

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard, and deep.

Date: July 08, 2017 02:41PM
Daddy
:nono: I'm afraid that this has gone just a little too far, Slingshot. I'm going to have to report you to P.E.T.T. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Tesoros').

- or -

How about you send that Sabre to me, and I'll forget all about the abuse? :thumbup:
I probably should be reported!:look: when I saw it I was like OMG! I had to put the brown coil from my Silver on it and dang if most of the outer cable didn't crack. The sun was shining when I put it outside to take pics, and by the time I finished my post a gully washer hit!! Texas weather!! If Publisher's Clearing House visits me this year:rolleyes:, I'm sending it in to Tesoro and seeing if they can do anything with it. Shows how far ahead of it's time the Royal was.

Posted by: Hoser John
Date: July 08, 2017 03:56PM
If you are the original owner Tesoro may amaze you with multiple FREE repairs as lifetime warranity to 1st buyer. They redid mine after 25+ years. coils,controls etc. John

Date: July 08, 2017 06:15PM
Hoser John
If you are the original owner Tesoro may amaze you with multiple FREE repairs as lifetime warranity to 1st buyer. They redid mine after 25+ years. coils,controls etc. John
Unfortunately, no. Even tho I got it almost 20 years ago. They are honest folks so I won't try to put anything over on them. The only ordeal I had with them was with my new Silver Sabre umax which I sent in 5 times- they claiming nothing was wrong. Fortunately, I had a great dealer who took it back and traded a Silver umax w/tote bag, 4" coil (which I still have), and even offered $25 in cash extra ( which I refused). He's the only reason I'm a Tesoro user today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login