Posted by: Peetjb
Date: July 08, 2017 08:18PM
I think I would jump on one with tone ID

Re: De Leon
Posted by: slingshot
Date: July 09, 2017 08:23AM
Peetjb
I think I would jump on one with tone ID
Can you imagine the sales volume with a simple Compadre or Mojave with a two tone splitter control?! NO ONE gets it!!!! My 20+ year old Royal Sabre with this setup rivals a lot of today's tone id detectors!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2017 08:25AM by slingshot.

Posted by: Sven
Date: July 09, 2017 10:15AM
slingshot

Can you imagine the sales volume with a simple Compadre or Mojave with a two tone splitter control?! NO ONE gets it!!!! My 20+ year old Royal Sabre with this setup rivals a lot of today's tone id detectors!

Wonder why that is, haven't we all mulled this one over, sometimes just one feature makes a world of difference.

Date: July 09, 2017 03:31PM
Sven
slingshot

Wonder why that is, haven't we all mulled this one over, sometimes just one feature makes a world of difference.
So weird. They already have the technology. As a Tesoro user, I get it that no form of ID is completely reliable and beep/dig eventually wins out. With two tone you automatically have the best of two worlds and in some areas it saves you agony. YOU STILL have the option to dig.

Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: July 11, 2017 09:50PM
it would certainly be nice to order a machine with the options/ features you want...of all of the manufacturers, it seems to me that tesoro is best set up for such an endeavor.

Posted by: Ivan
Date: July 12, 2017 02:34AM
Slingshot......is right 20 yr old detectors rivaled todays stuff..........................but that was when Jack was around.............if he was still here we would have had all kinds of awesome machines. .......and Tesoro would still be in the top three...............................small meaningful changes would bring big sales!!! Bring back the Golden and I will order two!!! Tesoro's European detectors are much nicer than our domestic stuff.....so sad!!

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: July 12, 2017 08:59AM
My perfect DeLeon :
Two tone, low/high.
95 dimes and quarters, silver rings
80-85 copper
86-90 zinc
30-33 nickels
Gold? 25-50. I don't know.

Date: July 12, 2017 02:23PM
oleterryg
My perfect DeLeon :
Two tone, low/high.
95 dimes and quarters, silver rings
80-85 copper
86-90 zinc
30-33 nickels
Gold? 25-50. I don't know.
Ha! Ha! I thought you would add adjustable g/b. I know I sound like a traitor (my Compadre will probably quit on me tomorrow), but Tesoro is a 2 dimensional detector. You can have g/b AND discrimination, and ID with NO g/b but you NEVER get all 3!!!! Of course, this means nothing to those who are strictly beep/dig.

Date: July 12, 2017 02:51PM
Yeah. gb. But only like the Mojave. Otherwise, too complicated.

Date: July 12, 2017 04:56PM
oleterryg
Yeah. gb. But only like the Mojave. Otherwise, too complicated.
You know- you may have a valid solution!! The argument has always been that variable g/b messes with the tones or ID. With a preset like the Mojave, it could be factory set so that all features would jive in one or the other g/b settings. Sven, you're the electronics guy- doesn't that sound reasonable?

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 12, 2017 06:04PM
It'll Never happen---makes too much sense and it wasn't their idea.

Date: July 14, 2017 08:59AM
At least we're planting seeds. Never know who reads our musings. Rants too.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: July 15, 2017 08:10AM
Tesoro is Tesoro and I have been reading for years everyone wants Tesoro to change their name to fisher or minelab but then they wouldn't be Tesoro :biggrin: want multi tones there are hundreds of detectors to choose from none from Tesoro I bought a golden couldn't get rid of it fast enough anyway each to their own but don't go holding any breaths ok :lmfao: might be a long wait .

enjoy them for what they are or buy something else :wave:

AJ

Date: July 15, 2017 12:34PM
AJ, hey lighten up man. We just funnin.

Date: July 15, 2017 02:29PM
oleterryg
AJ, hey lighten up man. We just funnin.
Actually, I would like to see Tesoro improve and cater to those of us who DO care. Don't mind AJ- he hasn't found a detector he's completely happy with yet.:poke:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login