Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is that it for this year??
Posted by: Ivan
Date: July 16, 2017 10:55AM
A reworked Compadre......aka Mojave.................all that Tesoro is capable of at this time?? I was hoping for a second introduction of more a mid to high performance model. I would have been happy if they reintroduced the Golden............in a new color scheme!! Another detector out just in time for Christmas would also be a good idea. A new target id unit.......some many avenues they could go down ..but no movement........just stuck in the current dated line up.......................come on Tesoro just me a reason to send you some money!!

Re: Is that it for this year??
Posted by: pinenut
Date: July 16, 2017 11:09AM
I sort of doubt Tesoro will ever try to compete with a "modern" detector the likes of a CTX, Deus or Impact. Their beepers sell pretty well for them, and find plenty too. The Mojave was a hit for me.. Paid for itself within a month. :bouncy:

one more wheatie..

Posted by: REVIER
Date: July 16, 2017 01:54PM
Same here.
In mid 2010 I got a new Vaq, by August 2011 I had a cast-off Compadre from Skiwhiz.
The Vaq was my main until I got an F2 and found out I have a great affinity for Fishers and that screen so the Tesoros got relegated to second string but I still used them when I needed a change.
I was curious about other models but I never really wanted or thought I needed another Tesoro however recently I traded the Vaq for a Mojave hoping it would work better than the Compadre in my dirt.
Turns out my wish came true, this new one not only works better than the Compadre but all indications seem to tell me it is working just as well if not a bit better than the Vaq here too.
Within an hour I knew I would be thrilled with this new one...might not be pulling the Compadre out much more anymore either.

Their current lineup is fine for me and I see hours of fun ahead for us but when I want a whiz bang unit with all minds of extra features I have my F70.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: Electricfrontporch
Date: July 16, 2017 05:13PM
They have their established niche and seem to be sticking with it.
I think it's more telling that the other manufacturers don't try to compete with them!
The machines work extremely well and I never feel like I'm outgunned
or leaving anything behind when I hunt with friends with other brands.
All comes down to what you think you need to get the job done.

Noah

Posted by: hatpin
Date: July 16, 2017 07:48PM
I have a Vaq and when I have hunted with other people using more highly technical machines , I usually have the better finds .

Posted by: slingshot
Date: July 16, 2017 08:20PM
Ivan
A reworked Compadre......aka Mojave.................all that Tesoro is capable of at this time?? I was hoping for a second introduction of more a mid to high performance model. I would have been happy if they reintroduced the Golden............in a new color scheme!! Another detector out just in time for Christmas would also be a good idea. A new target id unit.......some many avenues they could go down ..but no movement........just stuck in the current dated line up.......................come on Tesoro just me a reason to send you some money!!
Fraid so. I did what all the staunch users suggested and got another brand. Still go to the Compadre on casual low trash, oft hunted sites.

Posted by: dan b
Date: July 17, 2017 11:26AM
I sort of doubt Tesoro will ever try to compete with a "modern" detector the likes of a CTX, Deus or Impact

I agree. They will never be in that league. Even adding 2 tones seems to be out of the question. I think people need to stop expecting too much, and appreciate them for what they are. When it comes to beep and dig, Tesoro is tough to beat. There are only a few companies that even try to compete with them (Cscope, and DeepTech come to mind).

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Posted by: nagant
Date: July 18, 2017 03:35PM
I'd like the outlaw without retune and battery check back on the toggle. probably describes a discontinued model but before this turns into a tesoro history lesson i'd like it with a warranty.

Posted by: GroundHug
Date: July 22, 2017 07:34AM
This is kind of an interesting point in that I've been thinking that there just have not really been revolutionary advances in metal detection technology in close to 20 years now. It's not just Tesoro it's all the companies. Minelab came out with multi frequency machines and that was revolutionary. But since then, no one has really taken the next step. Sure some of the new VLF machines have great speed and power and target separation, and some have built a wireless very light weight machine, and this is all great, but no one has really raised the bar on the technology itself. The kind of tech that allows you to actually see a scan of the item you are detecting in the ground and see it at depth so you know it's a coin or an old washer for example. They can be very hard to distinguish even for machines costing big bucks.

Posted by: synthnut
Date: July 22, 2017 08:50AM
I think that in many cases , what some folks consider not having a screen being a DIS service , I think of as a positive ......When we have a screen and see numbers , we automatically think " this is a penny , or a nickel , or a quarter , or ????......We judge said target and either dig it or not .... A strange number might make us NOT dig something or a penny number might stop us from digging .....While some may think this is a positive , they might be missing out on some pretty good targets ....My example was digging all day on the beach with a broken digging tool , and getting pull tabs all day long ....It was hot , and I was tired , and my last pull tab number came up and I just passed on it ....My buddy dug it and it turned out to be a honker of a Platinum wedding band !!...... Lesson learned .....Tesoro machines force us to dig as we are just not sure of what's under the coil sometimes .....We have the Tesoro roll to give us somewhat of an indication of what's there ... They give us the depth that we all crave, and they have many different coils to get into just about any scenario that we want , and they don't require 12 batteries to run deep !!..... They are light weight and easy to handle so that an old timer ,or a kid , can swing them ...... I'm at the stage in my life whereby "Less is more " ..... Bottom line ...You're gonna dig more garbage before you dig that special target !!.....Get use to it !.... Do you remember your first ring , or your first Silver ? ..... You were like a kid at Christmas !!! ... It's GREAT that something so simple can give you so much joy !!...... KISS ( Keep it simple stupid ).....

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 24, 2017 06:59AM
Sooooo you have Totally Mastered All Tesoro's on the mkt today?? WOW !!

Posted by: slingshot
Date: July 24, 2017 09:13AM
I wish I had obtained the treasure magazine that published an article-about 10 years ago. It was a revolutionary article with fantastic pictures to boot. The most memorable was the screen video image of an aluminum can with a mercury dime beneath it- you could even read the date on the detector screen- it was a television image! The date of the publication? April 1st!

Date: July 24, 2017 09:23PM
But what mint? :smile:. Anyway they have to have a couple designs on paper (thumb drive?). I wonder about industry wide sales, up down? And who's buying them, if your 35-40 yrs old a tesoro must look strange in deed. 30 and younger unless grand pa got them started i don't think they would go near them, target ID's included. And i still want a Vaquero or Outlaw so not bashing Tesoro i have 2.

Posted by: hatpin
Date: July 24, 2017 09:33PM
The analog signal of a Vaquero is like a voice , its smooth , abrupt , subtle , screeching , soft, edgy ... It speaks .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2017 09:34PM by hatpin.

Date: July 24, 2017 10:06PM
I just had a lesson in Tesoro-ease . Put a seven inch wide scan on a golden µmax. Way different but cant wait to get some time with it. Depth seems noticeably better, separation, much better but small crusty iron nail heads sound coiny and hard to disc out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login