Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Which 5.75" coil for Tejon Concentric or Widescan?
Posted by: Habanero
Date: July 17, 2017 10:58AM
I've got a new Tejon coming to me from a forum Sponsor; its the Black model with the 11x8" coil. I hear nothing but good from users that opt for the smaller 5.75 coil but the question is, which one? The concentric or widescan? I like that the widescan can pinpoint and size off the edge of the coil, however, I"m concerned about the inherent love that DD coils have for bottle caps. Are bottle caps a problem for the little widescan coil? Is so then I feel better opting for the concentric coil. Any thoughts of you users of the Tejon, Vaquero or Cibola for the two coils I'm considering?

Lesche Mini Sampson
Predator 75 digger

Re: Which 5.75" coil for Tejon Concentric or Widescan?
Posted by: REVIER
Date: July 17, 2017 11:54AM
Using a Vaq hunting in pop top infested sites for me is not fun.
Either I just avoided those kinds of sites after awhile or used concentric coils....or my F70 because it is easy to figure out most of them even with a DD coil on that one.

When I needed a sniper coil for the Vaq it was an easy choice...5.75" concentric all the way.
That cool l was deep, sensitive, picked between trash perfectly and pop tops were a non issue.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 13 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and two V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: pinenut
Date: July 17, 2017 01:05PM
Unless you're looking for smaller targets in highly mineralized soil, you want the concentric, not the Widescan. The Tejon already likes iron more than several other Tesoros, and Widescan likes it more than the concentric. Besides having better discrimination with the concentric, it's also a fair bit deeper than the Widescan. On the Tejon, 9" - 10" on a dime with the concentric is about what you should see. You'll lose a couple " with the Widescan. I've used both on my Tejon, and prefer the concentric practically everywhere.

one more wheatie..

Posted by: WV62
Date: July 17, 2017 01:55PM
Number 3 for the concentric.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Habanero
Date: July 17, 2017 02:47PM
Thanks for the information all; looks like I'll be ordering the concentric coil!

Lesche Mini Sampson
Predator 75 digger

Posted by: Nomad NJ
Date: July 17, 2017 04:28PM
Get the concentric coil you already will have a wide scan both coils are the best you can use.

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: July 18, 2017 12:05PM
Concentric 5.75 (6" measured).
I use it on my Deleon, and it is a pleasure swinging the little booger. Like swinging nothing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login