Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tejon 2nd disc issue
Posted by: Biloxi Dirt Detective
Date: September 07, 2017 07:20PM
While using my Tejon I noticed notice that according to what #1 disc is set to tends to have an effect on the #2 disc. I was told at Tesoro that these are two separate circuits and should have no effect on each other. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Any suggestions?

Re: Tejon 2nd disc issue
Posted by: WV62
Date: September 07, 2017 07:56PM
Can't really help other than I have had 2 Tejon's and still have my second one. I have not noticed that disc 1 has any affect on disc 2. Maybe you could explain a little about what the effect is and it may ring a bell with somebody. I could set mine up and test it if I knew what to look for. For me to do that I would need to know your settings, your coil and target. The only way to check this is make sure we both are setup the same.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: slingshot
Date: September 08, 2017 09:16AM
Biloxi Dirt Detective
While using my Tejon I noticed notice that according to what #1 disc is set to tends to have an effect on the #2 disc. I was told at Tesoro that these are two separate circuits and should have no effect on each other. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Any suggestions?
Only thing I've heard or seen posted is the knock out points on one dial may differ from the other slightly.

Date: September 08, 2017 10:05AM
When I move my primary disc it seems to offset the point of 2nd discrim. It is almost like the primary actually changes the response of secondary. Rusty told me that they are two separate circuits and while toggled one should remain off while one is dedicated. I can move both to nickel second disc will not respond the same.

Posted by: WV62
Date: September 08, 2017 10:38AM
I am not sure I am barking up the right tree here but maybe this will help.

I took both knobs off of the disc stem and adjusted one at a time to just knock out a nickel. Then without moving the shaft I would install the knob back on the shaft and lock them down with the pointer pointing at the center of 5c.

This is a home version of how to calibrate the both disc.

There is small set screw on the side of each knob that you loosen and remove the knobs.

If that doesn't help with your problem you may want to send it back to the factory for a check up and fix.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: November 14, 2017 10:30PM
This could be a possibility. I will make sure that the second disc is adjusted in the housing correct. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login