Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
One thing about Beep & Dig tectors
Posted by: Dancer
Date: September 12, 2017 03:41PM
I hunt 4 detectors, the Mojave and the Infinium (Garrett Pi) Both beep & dig. Two other Garrett s an Ace 250 and a AT Pro.
Each will shine while hunted in the right places. Big difference and the Fun of the B & D boys is, you might not come home with gold/silver but you usually dig something that's interesting or a little out of the ordinary. More so than the Vdi boys. Sometimes this stuff falls under the title of Wazit. Or, waz that doing here? Know what I mean?

Re: One thing about Beep & Dig tectors
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: September 12, 2017 07:49PM
Yeah My Golden uMax is the most Fun to use out of My 3. I just love hunting by audio only. It's fun letting the Tones and Modulation tell Me what's in the ground.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: September 13, 2017 08:52PM
Yep, I must agree. Some of my favorite finds are with a tesoro or beep and dig. The screen can take away some interesting stuff.

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2017 08:53PM by bigtim1973.

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 13, 2017 10:00PM
A interesting thread from the opening poster but also some slightly unusual comments as well!!

What i mean by this is that 4 machines are mentioned,all of them in theory are 'beep and dig' machines,the only difference is that 2 have screens,you dont have to use a screen you can just use any machine as a beep and dig one,i also use a selection of machines with or without screen,but 'always' only go by 'audio' on all of them and never use a screen,so why then buy a machine with a screen then ?? for setting up purposes they are helpful ie i use a Deus which of course comes with or without a screen depending on which option your budget can buy,but for the fine tuning of the detector one needs the screen/controller,but once you have the settings dialled in and saved.Then the screen is never used as for the most part the controller is in my pocket or even in my truck.So basically every machine can be seen and used as a beep and dig setup,you dont have too use or look at the screen.

I totally agree that in theory 'no' one machine or machine/coil combination this maybe one with or without a screen can do it all,as mentioned one it can be advantageous if one has a few say coils or machines if possible for site specific use say like wet beach work or trashy site,as some machines excel in some machines better than others.

This is the statement,wording or call it what one likes and i find very confusing is this,prehaps i am missing the point.

Big difference and the Fun of the B & D boys is, you might not come home with gold/silver but you usually dig something that's interesting or a little out of the ordinary. More so than the Vdi boys.

A metal detector with or without a screen still has the same chance of finding gold or silver in what ever format ie gold nuggets or coinage or jewellery or what ever,you just have too walk over it with your coil to find it,a detector is not selective just because it has a screen or not,in my mind all finds are 'interesting',once again a machine with or without a screen is not selective in finding 'interesting or a little out of the ordinary',just because a machine does not have a screen it wont find anything different than a machine which does a screen,after all they all all 'metal detectors'.

I 'do' agree that a machine with less controls can be more of a pleasure sometimes to use,just by the simplicity of switching on and go,but also a Deus can be a switch on and go,i can from switch on and go detecting with this machine in the same duration as it takes to switch on say a Tesoro or what ever machine and can be out detecting and enjoying my self using the machine exactly the same as any other beep and dig machine.Have only used the Deus as a example,but as i see it,one does not have too use a screen and exactly the same way as a 'traditional beep and dig machine' without a screen can also still find 'gold and silver'

Of course these are only my thoughts and opinions.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI Coiltek 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: Stoof-tabsallday
Date: September 14, 2017 12:26AM
Funny as it is to say, I found a fork in perfect condition about 6" down.
Washed it well and now use it lol

Stefan (Michigan)

Nokta Fors Relic 7x11", 5.5x10"DD, 5", 5.5x10 Concentric

Makro Racer 2 - 7x11", 5.5x10", 5" DD

:tesoro: Mojave
:tesoro: Deleon - Troy shadow super 7",
:tesoro: Compadre 8
:tesoro: Compadre 5.75
:tesoro: Bandido II Micromax
:tesoro: Outlaw
:tesoro: Cibola- GB/all metal toggle mod
:tesoro: Vaquero
:tesoro: Cutlass Micromax 8

Lots of coils

*Not listed in any special order*

Tools:
Garrett carrot, lesche shovel, Killer B Wasps, my bare hands

Posted by: Dancer
Date: September 14, 2017 04:09AM
Mega
A interesting thread from the opening poster but also some slightly unusual comments as well!!

What i mean by this is that 4 machines are mentioned,all of them in theory are 'beep and dig' machines,the only difference is that 2 have screens,you dont have to use a screen you can just use any machine as a beep and dig one,i also use a selection of machines with or without screen,but 'always' only go by 'audio' on all of them and never use a screen,so why then buy a machine with a screen then ?? for setting up purposes they are helpful ie i use a Deus which of course comes with or without a screen depending on which option your budget can buy,but for the fine tuning of the detector one needs the screen/controller,but once you have the settings dialled in and saved.Then the screen is never used as for the most part the controller is in my pocket or even in my truck.So basically every machine can be seen and used as a beep and dig setup,you dont have too use or look at the screen.

I totally agree that in theory 'no' one machine or machine/coil combination this maybe one with or without a screen can do it all,as mentioned one it can be advantageous if one has a few say coils or machines if possible for site specific use say like wet beach work or trashy site,as some machines excel in some machines better than others.

This is the statement,wording or call it what one likes and i find very confusing is this,prehaps i am missing the point.

Big difference and the Fun of the B & D boys is, you might not come home with gold/silver but you usually dig something that's interesting or a little out of the ordinary. More so than the Vdi boys.

A metal detector with or without a screen still has the same chance of finding gold or silver in what ever format ie gold nuggets or coinage or jewellery or what ever,you just have too walk over it with your coil to find it,a detector is not selective just because it has a screen or not,in my mind all finds are 'interesting',once again a machine with or without a screen is not selective in finding 'interesting or a little out of the ordinary',just because a machine does not have a screen it wont find anything different than a machine which does a screen,after all they all all 'metal detectors'.

I 'do' agree that a machine with less controls can be more of a pleasure sometimes to use,just by the simplicity of switching on and go,but also a Deus can be a switch on and go,i can from switch on and go detecting with this machine in the same duration as it takes to switch on say a Tesoro or what ever machine and can be out detecting and enjoying my self using the machine exactly the same as any other beep and dig machine.Have only used the Deus as a example,but as i see it,one does not have too use a screen and exactly the same way as a 'traditional beep and dig machine' without a screen can also still find 'gold and silver'

Of course these are only my thoughts and opinions.

Yeah Mega, that quote of mine. I thought it was a little unclear. Gold/ Silver is rare around here for the Vid boys also. I rarely pinpoint with them anymore. Anyway the screen as you know just gives you another help along with tone I'd. Probably better used for "Cherry Picking"

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: September 14, 2017 09:02AM
Well a screen is helpful in spots where You want to cherry pick as not to dig too many holes. Like Public parks or a Private Property Permission with a nice manicured lawn.

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: slingshot
Date: September 14, 2017 09:07AM
My Whites MX5, with backlite, numeric ID, tone ID, and manual discrimination is a beep-dig machine if I so choose. Just a heck of a lot more fun to know I will have tools to help!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login