Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Arado 130
Posted by: pine3874
Date: September 20, 2017 04:35PM
I just received an Arado Model 130 from someone and was wondering what they are worth. This one is in excellent physical and operational condition and even has the original manual. I know that they are rare, but have no idea how much they would sell for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Arado 130
Posted by: REVIER
Date: September 20, 2017 05:46PM
Posting in the Vintage forum will probably get more action.
In 2015 a guy in England asked for $230 for his.

http://www.usedwolverhampton.co.uk/classified-ad/Arado-130-metal-detector_24731430

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 05:51PM by REVIER.

Re: Arado 130
Posted by: Mega
Date: September 21, 2017 06:42AM
Although the Arodo 120b and 130 machines had been in the top league 30 years ago and they still can keep up with some machines today,but selling a machine like this is very limited in my opinion,they are reasonably heavy,bulky and also require alot of constant fine tuning as the meter requires adjusting alot due to the design of these detectors.Terrific machines especially the 120b which i do own on clear pasture or roman sites,if that needles bangs to the green side its a good target.

The market for these old classic machines is limited in my opinion,the plastic often faded from white to a horrible yellow colour and if it does have the yellow on it then this can detract the price lower,if someone wants a machine to kindle detecting days from years ago and take a trip down memory lane then this machine will certainly do it,but for newbies then alas this is not the best machine for a beginner.

Price wise would be about £175 for a minter and lower for a plastic yellowing example,good luck on what was once the Rolls Royce model here in the UK.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Re: Arado 130b
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 21, 2017 11:52AM
I have a 120B; the series is a no motion, fixed gb TR-IB. Has limited depth in mild ground--sensitivity to iron is higher than conductive targets. (newest unit is the 320b)
The deepest of this type is the Nexus line, and reported as deepest vlf made--go to gary's uk.
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/fieldtests.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2017 11:53AM by vlad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login