Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Troy Super 9" coil?
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: September 26, 2017 11:00AM
Well finally found a Troy Super 9 Coil I heard so much about. As mentioned below it works well on Golden uMax without mixing the Tones, But not as Hot as I thought? My 8" Brown Donut is at least a Half inch hotter in My Mild ground and Air testing. With all the hype thought it would be hotter? Then again I have a Hot Donut coil on My Golden so don't want to send it in to be calibrated to Super 9 as May mess it up. Anyways anyone else find Super 9 to not be all that?

Etrac
CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Re: Troy Super 9" coil?
Posted by: Texadillo
Date: September 27, 2017 06:40AM
Harold I picked up a mint condition Troy Super 9" coil some time back but always seemed to favor the smaller Troy 7" coil on my X2. I have read in the past that not all coils (like detectors) are created equal....some may be a little "hotter" due to tighter tolerances :shrug: Then again maybe the Golden's internal ground balance is adjusted more optimum for the 8" brown concentric coil? My Shadow 9" coil did give me a little more depth over the 7" coil after I readjusted the internal ground balance trim-pot but I just prefer the 7" coil for most of my hunting. Best of luck and HH!

Experiencing the adventure a lot of times will be your best find!

Unlike the common armadillo...I cover my holes and leave no trace.

Posted by: BarryL
Date: September 28, 2017 04:30PM
Had one I bought from a fellow that was new , put it on my X2 and tried it it was OK but nothing to brag about the 8 inch brown coil seemed to be about 1 to 2 inch deeper so sold it cant remember who I sold it too because they really wanted one like I did AT THE TIME . what I finally decided is the stock 7 inch coil is the best coil for the X2 and I still say the coil they put on the Mojave is the super 7 with a different sticker LOL . Have found a lot of silver coins and nice tokens over 8 inches with my X2 and super 7 coil

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: September 29, 2017 09:15AM
I agree on that mojave coil. I think it is the same one from the X2. I am thinking of getting one of those to try myself.

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login