Findmall.com

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: :yikes::tesoro:OK GUYS--WHATS THE BEST ALL AROUND TESORO DETECTOR:shrug:
Posted by: borderfox
Date: September 29, 2016 01:53PM
Perhaps it is the long awaited, and eagerly anticipated .......next model to be unveiled, and put on sale.... The fabled, 'Hunter' (Cazador)....(It's worse than waiting for hell to freeze over!). However, if and when Tesoro do bring out another new metal detector,, then I reckon that'll be the one! Until such time it's 'Horses for Courses' I guess. Not being one for screens or digital read-outs, I'd opt for the Vaquero or the Tejon. There ain't much gold in these here parts or I'd say Lobo as well. But that's only my humble opinion. Each to their own.

Posted by: pinenut
Date: September 29, 2016 02:27PM
Funny; this thread was started in 2008.

I've used 9 different model Tesoros now, and presently own 7 models. My current favorite, used almost daily, is the Outlaw. I've had it for just a short while, and like my other Tesoros, it just works. Thing about the Outlaw, is that I think it's the perfect combo of excellent discrimination, good depth, adjustability and light weight. No idea why more people don't love the Outlaw. I think it's severly underloved.
Found my second silver ring with it yesterday and I've only had the Outlaw for about two weeks.

one more wheatie..

Posted by: Rick, N. MI
Date: September 29, 2016 07:12PM
Tejon for me.

Rick

Posted by: Bill G
Date: September 29, 2016 08:13PM
Tejon/Vaquero pick your medicine.....

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

* Tesoro Tejon
* Tesoro Vaquero
* Tesoro Sand Shark
* White's M6

Every find is a good find, some are just great!!!!!!! HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2016 08:16PM by Bill G.

Posted by: Dereck
Date: September 30, 2016 04:09AM
I have only had the two a Cibola and a Vaquero

The Cibola was a nice machine but once I got the Vaquero the ground balance adjust is a great tool as I scan an area I check the balance and can make adjustments. I reaches down a good inch farther than the Cibola as well

I found a silver ring at 8 inches in a tot lot on sunday and the signal was solid

Posted by: micromax
Date: October 01, 2016 08:17PM
COMPADRE, VAQUUERO

Posted by: bibelot
Date: October 02, 2016 03:50PM
One that I haven't got yet ?:blink:

Posted by: AlanTN
Date: October 02, 2016 06:49PM
Best for what? My favorite Tesoro is by far the Tejon - Take it anywhere and it fills any role you need it to. It's a beast on relics - Gets deeper than most detectors out there, with the 5.75 concentric it will work miracles on trashy ground, and even with the 5.75" concentric it will punch deeper than most detectors.
I reckon it is one of the best all around machines out there.

Modded Cibola is a better all around machine than the Vaquero. I don't feel the Vaquero has a place at all once you've modded the Cibola.

All around: Tejon, Modded Cibola.
C&J specific: Outlaw, Compadre.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2016 06:53PM by AlanTN.

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: January 25, 2017 08:22PM
DeLeon? Why no mention of the DeLeon? I understand it's a very good MD. There is a long time detectorist who posted a video on you tube who claims the DeLeon is the best of the Tesoro. Pretty convincing too.

Re: :yikes::tesoro--SEEMS NO ONE LIKES THE TEJON????:shrug:
Posted by: fematrailer
Date: January 27, 2017 12:12PM
Bought one and all it did was lay on the ground and growl

Posted by: fematrailer
Date: January 27, 2017 12:15PM
Jut learning my Troy Shadow X2. Made by Tesoro but a different dog. Always wanted to know if I could trade it for a Vaquero ion the future

Posted by: pinenut
Date: January 27, 2017 01:18PM
fematrailer

You just described my last dog... Your Tejon either had a defect or wan't adjusted properly.

Tejon is an awesome machine, but not their best all-rounder. My favorites are still the Outlaw and Bandido II microMAX, for all-around land use. They have good depth in every soil, excellent (the best) iron trash rejection, are light and easy on batteries and have their disc range in the area I most like. Tejon on the other hand, is awesome for best depth in mild "easy" soil, has the greater range "ED180" disc for those who really want to pick through the small iron and tiniest trash (I usually do not...).

Tesoro makes a lot of good machines with what appear to be similar features. While those features may look the same, their detectors do have different personalities. It's not 'till you try them that you're able to chose what works best for you, and where and what you're hunting for. For a new Tesoro all-rounder get an Outlaw with the 3 coil pack, or single 8" donut (and then add the 5.75").
Vaquero is also a good second choice...but I like Outlaw better, especially in the trashy spots.

one more wheatie..

Posted by: oleterryg
Date: January 27, 2017 01:49PM
fematrailer

"That's a terrible thing for you to say about the DeLeon, just terrible. Hope Santa misses your house this year............................and your holes are filled with nails."

I've got one coming and I have very high expectations. At least better than my Garrett Ace 200.

Posted by: fltacoma
Date: January 27, 2017 03:20PM
Both best all around detectors are Outlaw and Vaquero.

What I have in the aresnal:

Tesoro Cibola w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Silver Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Compadre w/ 5.75" coil
Tesoro Bandido II Umax w/ 8" coil
Tesoro Deleon w/ 9x8 coil
Tesoro Cortes w/9x8 coil
Tesoro Outlaw w/ 3 coil pack

Future Additions:

Older Tesoro Models (If I can find them in MINT condition)

What can I say, I am a die hard Tesoro man :)

Posted by: CoinDuck
Date: February 03, 2017 08:04PM
Just picked up a lobo supertraq on a whim. Anybody out there liking it as favorite:wiggle: all around?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login